A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!

Old 02-20-2017, 05:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!

Well, I've been reading all of your updates and finally am an official Allroad fan and member.

Actually was looking for a 2017 Q7 but didn't want to spend the time ordering and waiting for the perfect one to arrive here in the Minneapolis area. Then my son turned 16 recently and my wife and I accelerated our look for a vehicle.

As luck would have it, we found the absolutely perfect model for us. Although we were looking for one black in color, my wife just happened to be looking at the local dealer on the day a Manhattan Gray/Nougat Brown - Prestige became available. It has the Driver's Assistance, Warm & Cold Packages, and Sport Package. This one has the full paint, which I'm not sure I would have chosen but now that I have it, I love it.

Guess I wasn't expecting much from a 2.0T, but what a pleasant surprise. I'm a rule-follower, so we are still in our 1000 mile break-in phase and I haven't pushed the throttle. This thing rides like a dream (using the comfort driving mode) and is SO quiet. I keep telling my wife that this Allroad feels so solid and comfortable.

So like most of us, we can't refuse looking at a few more pictures, so thought I'd share some of our new ride. Thanks for everyone's discussion that helped me feel at ease when I made the switch to buying a Q7 for me or an Allroad for "us."
Attached Thumbnails First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!-allroad01.jpg   First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!-allroad02.jpg   First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!-allroad03.jpg   First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!-allroad04.jpg   First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!-allroad05.jpg  

First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!-allroad06.jpg   First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!-allroad07.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jolsongoude (12-11-2022)
Old 02-20-2017, 06:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Congratulations and welcome to the "club." You have a very elegant color combination with that grey exterior and nougat interior - and a loaded Prestige at that.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats indeed! Very nice find, I know the Prestige are rare in the wild... I had to order mine, though it was before official launch at the time. It's definitely a handsome car, but I know we're all a bit biased. Nice to see a grey one finally.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the 2.0T, but this is also my first Audi as well. I just hit 1000mi., so now the turbo can breathe! I also like the comfort mode for most of the commute driving, so comfy for such a relatively small car. Quick note on the Nougat Brown, if you wear blue jeans a lot, you may notice a bit of dye transfer onto the seats after a while, but any normal leather wipe takes care of that. Just some regular maintenance to keep 'em looking nice.

We'd love to hear about any mods or coding tweaks you might do as well. Though, there's not much to do since the car is just so well put together.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:59 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow, Manhattan Grey and Nougat Brown is pretty much the perfect combo! From my experience, that is the equivalent of a Unicorn. Congratulations on a beautiful vehicle and a great choice. And yes, the 2.0t is extremely responsive and the car is as quiet as an A8!

Last edited by dseag2; 02-21-2017 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw that car on a cars.com search a week ago and even corresponded with the dealership. It is spec'd exactly the way I would custom order one. If I didn't live 1000+ miles away, I would have been very tempted to try and buy it.

I confess that I was a little sad when I found out yesterday that it had already been sold. But now that I know where it is- and that it has gone to a happy home- I feel a little better about things.

Hope you get many miles of enjoyment!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jmhillrph
I saw that car on a cars.com search a week ago and even corresponded with the dealership. It is spec'd exactly the way I would custom order one. If I didn't live 1000+ miles away, I would have been very tempted to try and buy it.

I confess that I was a little sad when I found out yesterday that it had already been sold. But now that I know where it is- and that it has gone to a happy home- I feel a little better about things.

Hope you get many miles of enjoyment!
Oh, I know that feeling. I lost a few Q7's that way, and now I guess I know why. My wife found this one before it was available on all of the big searches and something just felt right that this was the one. The dealer said it was a special order and the person backed out of the deal just shortly before it arrived. Sorry to steal it away from you, but appreciate that you'll let us keep it. Thanks for the note.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
Wow, Manhattan Grey and Nougat Brown is pretty much the perfect combo! From my experience, that is the equivalent of a Unicorn. Congratulations on a beautiful vehicle and a great choice. And yes, the 2.0t is extremely responsive and the car is as quiet as an A8!
That's what we are thinking about the color combo. Although we probably would have ordered one of the black colors, everything else is a perfect match and we're loving the change of having this gray/grey (depending on location). Thanks for the note!
Old 02-22-2017, 06:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by _SlugBug_
Congrats indeed! Very nice find, I know the Prestige are rare in the wild... I had to order mine, though it was before official launch at the time. It's definitely a handsome car, but I know we're all a bit biased. Nice to see a grey one finally.

I was also pleasantly surprised by the 2.0T, but this is also my first Audi as well. I just hit 1000mi., so now the turbo can breathe! I also like the comfort mode for most of the commute driving, so comfy for such a relatively small car. Quick note on the Nougat Brown, if you wear blue jeans a lot, you may notice a bit of dye transfer onto the seats after a while, but any normal leather wipe takes care of that. Just some regular maintenance to keep 'em looking nice.

We'd love to hear about any mods or coding tweaks you might do as well. Though, there's not much to do since the car is just so well put together.
I agree that the Prestige was a hard find. I was shocked that when I did a global Cars.com search, I could found fewer than 150 across the entire country and this one had the features we wanted.

I also hear you about the jeans. We have two other vehicles with tan/beige interiors and are very familiar with the dye transfer. So far so good.

I can't wait for the turbo breathing. For now, I'm just enjoying how comfortable the ride is--so smooth and can't get over how quiet. We have the kick under the bumper working perfectly every time now. Thanks for your note.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Major score - prestige, with all the desirable options, and in one of the best colours. Love the full paint. I have a glacier white B8 Allroad, and had a paint shop do a full gloss paint on all the grey bits - very happy with the look. Much more elegant than the matte grey fender flares (on any colour).

You hit the jackpot.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 3500 Mile Checkin

Okay, I thought I would give a 3500 mile checkin. Just completed a 250 mile trip from Minneapolis to Sioux Falls SD and got 34mpg down and 36mpg back (all using the trip computer).

We are using ACC almost consistently now and had to go to the Individual drive select to make ACC more aggressive. The dynamic setting is perfect to ensure Mpls drivers don't try to sneak between me and the car in front.

Headlights are great, HUD is one of my favorites, navigation routing has to be tricked now and then, Google maps is so cool, and we keep finding little Easter eggs all over the car. The most recent is the backing up in rainy weather. If the front wipers wipe, then the back will automatically wipe when you go into reverse. Then, when you turn on the back wiper, there is a little red light that illuminates on the end of the stalk.

We upgraded all four puddle lights to the Audi rings. That was fun to watch our two older boys see it without being told. Yes, not necessary, but sure is neat.

Ask if you have any questions. I can tell you that we are as happy now as we were the first weekend we got it. I still can't get over how much fun it is to drive...both for an engine and also for the suspension.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Audi -- First Allroad -- Loving Both!