A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Two Operational Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Two Operational Questions

1) Some current automotive infotainment installations allow for the ability to "rewind" what you just heard on the radio. This is great, for example, if you just enjoyed a song on the radio and want to listen to it again. So far I have been unable to figure out how to do this on the A4. Is it possible to do this with MMI, and if so, how does one set it up?

2) Auto stop/start is not my favourite feature to say the least, fuel economy be damned. Can it be set up to default to "OFF" on start up, or am I doomed to try to remember to select it off every time I start the car?
Old 03-22-2017, 01:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 73JPS
1) Some current automotive infotainment installations allow for the ability to "rewind" what you just heard on the radio. This is great, for example, if you just enjoyed a song on the radio and want to listen to it again. So far I have been unable to figure out how to do this on the A4. Is it possible to do this with MMI, and if so, how does one set it up?
I don't think that is possible.

2) Auto stop/start is not my favourite feature to say the least, fuel economy be damned. Can it be set up to default to "OFF" on start up, or am I doomed to try to remember to select it off every time I start the car?
One can easily turn this off permanently with OBDEleven. I turned mine off and couldn't be happier. Fuel savings with on/off have been shown to be minimal unless one spends a lot of time in traffic, at red lights, etc., which I don't.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:04 AM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't know how it works with the manual transmission, but with the DSG, auto start/stop is controlled by pressure on the brake pedal. Once you've had the car a while, you'll basically learn how to control it by how much brake you apply, and it becomes a LOT less annoying than at first...
Old 03-22-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I've got a manual transmission and didn't even notice the start/stop feature for the first two weeks. If you are stopped and shift into neutral with the brake pressed, the engine will stop until you press the clutch to shift back into gear. When I'm sitting at a traffic light I don't normally do that so I didn't catch it, but if I was stopped waiting for a more extended time I'd do this and it would kick in.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The function is less intrusive with manual gearbox because at a a few seconds stop (just letting someone pass) most people just depress the clutch. The light/hard pressure on the breaks in an 'auto' isn't quite as distinctive and only works when slowly comming to stop.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinB656
One can easily turn this off permanently with OBDEleven. I turned mine off and couldn't be happier. Fuel savings with on/off have been shown to be minimal unless one spends a lot of time in traffic, at red lights, etc., which I don't.
Mind pointing us to the appropriate link please? Cheers!
Old 03-22-2017, 03:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the input, folks. It's too bad there is no cache/rewind capability for the radio. As for the auto stop/start, I'm pretty clear on how it operates: I just wanted to know if it can be set to 'default off' on car start up. I'm not really interested in disabling the feature, as there are times (albeit rare) when it is useful.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by munsabin
Mind pointing us to the appropriate link please?
Scroll down to post 27. That is the coding that works. It has worked perfectly for me with no adverse side effects. Piece of cake.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2913113/page3/
Old 03-23-2017, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Scroll down to post 27. That is the coding that works. It has worked perfectly for me with no adverse side effects. Piece of cake.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...2913113/page3/
Cheers!
Old 04-24-2017, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBDEleven

I don't think that is possible.

What the 'ell is "OBDEleven"? I would LOVE to default to "Off".

Quick Reply: Two Operational Questions