Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Second row rattle / vibration sound

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2017, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second row rattle / vibration sound

Anyone here had any luck with this problem? In the Poll thread, there are a couple owners having this same issue. It'll be very helpful to share if someone actually got it fixed. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-10-2017, 04:51 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Keyser Wi
Anyone here had any luck with this problem? In the Poll thread, there are a couple owners having this same issue. It'll be very helpful to share if someone actually got it fixed. Thanks in advance!
+1
Old 04-10-2017, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sometimes hear a high pitched rattle (almost squeaking sound). Not sure if this is the same issue?

By chance, I was raising the 3rd row today and noticed that the outer seat belt connectors make this very sound when you move them. Sounds like the anchor point needs some grease as it's a metal on metal sound.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

+1
Old 04-11-2017, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

I have a rattle that's coming from the back of the vehicle. I've found that it's from the cargo cover. It seems that the unit starts to ride up out of the retaining mechanism with use.

I'm getting my Summer tires put back on on Friday and will have the dealer look at it.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lookout57
I have a rattle that's coming from the back of the vehicle. I've found that it's from the cargo cover. It seems that the unit starts to ride up out of the retaining mechanism with use.
I don't have cargo cover btw.
Old 04-20-2017, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by srbsq7
I sometimes hear a high pitched rattle (almost squeaking sound). Not sure if this is the same issue?

By chance, I was raising the 3rd row today and noticed that the outer seat belt connectors make this very sound when you move them. Sounds like the anchor point needs some grease as it's a metal on metal sound.
I fixed this squeaking by applying electrical tape on the floor latch on the floor of the second row seats. Also greased the locking mechanism attached to the seats for good measure. My squeaking is now completely gone. Hope this helps! =D
Old 04-20-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lembang
I fixed this squeaking by applying electrical tape on the floor latch on the floor of the second row seats. Also greased the locking mechanism attached to the seats for good measure. My squeaking is now completely gone. Hope this helps! =D
Not sure I'm following where you put the electrical tape. Can you take a photo or further describe it? This seems to be one of the number one complaints in the Q7 and if you came up with a fix, you will likely be a hero.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

I think I know what he means. It's the latches where the folded 2nd row seat latched to when in used. My issue is not squeaking, but soft rattling. In any case, I will check the 2nd row folding & unfolding mechanism again and see if I can find a possible cause.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a rattle in the second row and I found it to be the drivers side seatbelt hitting the side plastic molding when not being used. I have yet to find a way to make it stop hitting when driving and not being used.

Quick Reply: Second row rattle / vibration sound