Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS 3 Color Choices - US

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS 3 Color Choices - US

I was a bit bummed to see Panther will only be an Audi Exclusive after it showed up on the Canadian option sheet. My deal sent over the MY18 config sheet yesterday and they're saying August delivery. Need to finalize which color...

Current car is a pearl white Golf R with BBS CH-Rs in titanium gray, but I was already wanting to put black Ultraleggera's on it. I don't really want the stormtrooper-y RS 3 though. I also don't want too flashy of a color, although the Red and Ara Blue are really pretty colors.

I'm thinking Mythos Black or Daytona Gray. Can't decide between them.

Anyone have pics of an A3/S3 in black or gray with black wheels that they think looks solid?

Here's what I mocked up for Mythos. I think non-black optics version looks pretty good vs. fully blacked out. (Yes, this is what happens when you have 4 mos until the car arrives.)

Old 04-08-2017, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Daytona Grey will be my choice. I do not like black. Personally, I even find shades of grey, black, and white mundane. But, to each his own and I respect other people's choices.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by big residual
Anyone have pics of an A3/S3 in black or gray with black wheels that they think looks solid?
Here's my 2017 S3: Daytona Gray, Black Optic on 18" winter rims/tires:

Old 04-09-2017, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Civuck
Here's my 2017 S3: Daytona Gray, Black Optic on 18" winter rims/tires:
Thanks for posting that.

It looks perfect. I was leaning Daytona, and this and another shot I saw yesterday make me think that's the way. This shot makes me think yes on the black optic too, since I'll do tint at 20 or 35%. I also like that with that combo, you can do silver, gray/titanium or black wheels pretty well.

Are those RS6 reps?
Old 04-09-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by big residual
Thanks for posting that.

It looks perfect. I was leaning Daytona, and this and another shot I saw yesterday make me think that's the way. This shot makes me think yes on the black optic too, since I'll do tint at 20 or 35%. I also like that with that combo, you can do silver, gray/titanium or black wheels pretty well.

Are those RS6 reps?
Replika R167s with Michelin X-Ice Xi3 for winter and tint is 20%

Also Magma red interior with the red calipers - ties nicely together against the Daytona paint.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

big residual: Great Photoshop work! Both images look really sweet. I own a Mythos Black S3 and concur that the black optics package for a black car would be too much. Like the chrome accents on black. Having said that, I'm looking at getting an RS3 and have fallen in love with the red with black optics. The black optics package looks great on anything EXCEPT the black car colors. My 2 cents. Good luck with your choices.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

I agree on the red, Fixeroh -- I think a red car is too flashy for my tastes, but damn if that one from Oman with black optics isn't good looking enough that I've asked myself if I could break that rule.

Daytona with BO is what I'm planning right now.

Now, onto worrying about how ugly the advanced radar cam under the grill looks and will I run a front plate or not in WA. First world probs.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I skipped the active cruise control with my S3. Agree that the radar in the grill is not a pretty sight. Ohio requires front plates but I have not had one on my S3 or my previous car. No tickets in 10 years of front plateless driving! There will NOT be a plate on my RS3 either!

Normally I wouldn't consider red. Think it does stand out too much. Give me a ticket red, so to speak. But it looks sweet in the images from Audi. Really like your Daytona grey idea with BO as well. Will have to think about this a bit longer now.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've owned cars in almost every color, I would say for the A3/S3/RS3 a lighter color helps see the body lines better, I have a white 17 A3 and think it looks great, even better on an RS3 I'm sure. With that being said, that all black RS3 looks really nice, but black is a pain to keep clean.
Old 04-11-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinDuMa
I've owned cars in almost every color, I would say for the A3/S3/RS3 a lighter color helps see the body lines better, I have a white 17 A3 and think it looks great, even better on an RS3 I'm sure. With that being said, that all black RS3 looks really nice, but black is a pain to keep clean.
Thoughts on Nardo Gray? Since Nardo is a bit lighter than the Daytona, it would fall under that "lighter color" rule?

I have yet to see Nardo in person. Has anyone seen that color in person and can attest to it looking as good as I hope it does? Nardo Gray with the black optics is what I am thinking.

Quick Reply: RS 3 Color Choices - US