A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold my '13 A8 4.0TL CPO, got a new ride:

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sold my '13 A8 4.0TL CPO, got a new ride:

Sold my A8 to my good friend. It felt so weird to watch it drive away. I really have mixed feelings about the sale, but at least I know that he is over the moon about the car and will take care of it. Plus I will get to see him enjoy it with his larger family. Still feels weird... like I made a mistake or something.

Anyhow, got a brand new CTS V. Car is amazing to drive, best drivers car that I've driven... ever. Still though, I'm sitting here thinking about my A8. I guess everyone thinks the grass in greener on the other side.

Last edited by DirtyVegasTT; 06-04-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ugh, a Cadillac!? Actually congratulations, the CTS V is a very fun and powerful car. Not particularly refined but quite fast. Enjoy!
Old 04-08-2017, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Super User

If an American manufacturer builds a good performance vehicle, I have no problem buying one. New CTS V had me very much impressed, enough so to get my money for a new car nonetheless.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 43 Likes on 29 Posts

Congratulations, it's a lovely car!
Old 04-08-2017, 09:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Nice car...BTW, what's the most significant difference between your previous 4.0TT A8 and the new CTS-V?
Old 04-08-2017, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

How much does it rattle? Is the interior fit and finish still bad? 6 months from now notice how many wrinkles you have in the seats as this is a traditional issue with Caddys. Trading an A8 for any Cadillac is not something to brag about.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Jack88
Congratulations, it's a lovely car!
Thanks, I see you had a Gen I yourself. These cars came a long way.

Originally Posted by raj99
Nice car...BTW, what's the most significant difference between your previous 4.0TT A8 and the new CTS-V?
Biggest difference is the immediate response and power available. I thought 4.0TT tuned had good response, but it is just silly in V8 SC. However, having only 2 wheels putting power to the ground is what I have to get used to. I miss the AWD grip and I'm hoping I can learn how to drive this car better.

Also the turn in and handling. I don't know how the CTS-V chassis does it, but it is surreal. I heard people tracking these things bone stock, now I know why. The confidence on a turn in is hard to describe how good it is with CTS-V, with A8 I felt the under-steer and body roll way too often and never felt compelled to attack a corner.

Lastly, the CTS-V is and more importantly feels so much lighter on its feet. It is truly effortless to drive these 640HP.

The A8 is a true luxury car with many large and small features that will be missed. CTS-V is a true sports car with handling and responsiveness that I never saw in any of the Audi products. A8 4.0T is a better everyday car for family, work and occasional freeway blasts. A8 is also much more comfortable, and easier to fall asleep in. They really are two different cars, the reason I got the CTS-V is because my lifestyle still affords me toys and I decided to take advantage of it while I still can. I still want S8 in my future, but that can happen any time and I decided for that time to be a little bit later.

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
How much does it rattle? Is the interior fit and finish still bad? 6 months from now notice how many wrinkles you have in the seats as this is a traditional issue with Caddys. Trading an A8 for any Cadillac is not something to brag about.
It does not rattle. Fit and finish is as good as German on a 2017 CTS-V. My seats are mostly alcantara. I was not bragging. You're full of facts there, aren't you? And, do you know cars?

Last edited by DirtyVegasTT; 04-08-2017 at 11:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2017, 03:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Omeletpants
Wrong in all points.
Car is very refined and probably best handling in it's class, no more rattles then in RS7 or E63, really well built car.
Also, guy is justifiably proud of his new acquisition so if you have nothing nice to say just stay out of his thread.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

very nice!
congrats!
Old 04-09-2017, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

DirtyVegasTT, congrats on your new ride. I've read great reviews for the CTS-V, and I expect you'll enjoy it.

I'm lucky enough to have two cars, and the other is a Cayman S. I look to my A8 to be serene. As such, I'm planning on test driving a new Continental.

American cars are being made better than ever before. The Lincoln I had before this current Audi gave me minimal problems. I just couldn't stand how it drove compared to my previous A6's.

Don't let the nay sayers get you down. Few people plunk down $70-100k on a car without applying some thought (and, in most cases, emotion). The only thing that matters is that you're satisfied.

Quick Reply: Sold my '13 A8 4.0TL CPO, got a new ride: