Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Connect Plans price increased?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Connect Plans price increased?

Did anyone noticed that prices went up and 2yr plan is now 18mths?
Also, noticed that my 6 months trial period was 5 months and 13 days. It's based upon the 1st of the month and since I took delivery the 18th, it short changed me. Called AT&T and they will base off the 8th so if I renew today, I will lose a few days.

Connect PRIME Plans
Connect PRIME - 6 Months - $199
Connect PRIME - 18 Months - $499

Connect PLUS Plans
AT&T Existing Monthly Postpaid Plan ($10)
Connect PLUS - 1GB Monthly - Auto Renew - $10
Connect PLUS - 4GB Monthly - Auto Renew - $20
Connect PLUS - 10GB Monthly - Auto Renew - $40
Connect PLUS - 10GB - 6 Months - $99
Connect PLUS - 30GB - 18 Months - $270
Connect PLUS - Unlimited - Auto Renew - $20

Talk about sticking it to the customers.

Last edited by GSOD; 04-11-2017 at 09:15 AM. Reason: better formatting
Old 04-11-2017, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It has been 18 months for a while.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I took delivery on 3/13 and my plan runs through 9/9 (PRIME).

I think PRIME has always been that, I think the PLUS plans changed around 3/1 though.

PRIME is a ripoff anyways, I would value all that stuff around $5ish/mo. although I do think it comes with data 6GB? I haven't looked too deeply at it yet since I still have several months yet. My initial inkling is to let it all expire. I like having the data for the kids for road trips though.
Old 04-11-2017, 02:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I never bothered to renew this crap and I am perfectly fine. Android Auto and Apple Car play is more than sufficient for my daily needs.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ven7782
I never bothered to renew this crap and I am perfectly fine. Android Auto and Apple Car play is more than sufficient for my daily needs.

I really like goggle maps, but wow those prices!
Old 04-11-2017, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ven7782
+1
Old 04-12-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by GSOD
Did anyone noticed that prices went up and 2yr plan is now 18mths?
Also, noticed that my 6 months trial period was 5 months and 13 days. It's based upon the 1st of the month and since I took delivery the 18th, it short changed me. Called AT&T and they will base off the 8th so if I renew today, I will lose a few days.

Connect PRIME Plans
Connect PRIME - 6 Months - $199
Connect PRIME - 18 Months - $499

Connect PLUS Plans
AT&T Existing Monthly Postpaid Plan ($10)
Connect PLUS - 1GB Monthly - Auto Renew - $10
Connect PLUS - 4GB Monthly - Auto Renew - $20
Connect PLUS - 10GB Monthly - Auto Renew - $40
Connect PLUS - 10GB - 6 Months - $99
Connect PLUS - 30GB - 18 Months - $270
Connect PLUS - Unlimited - Auto Renew - $20

Talk about sticking it to the customers.
Mind boggling. I wonder how many % actually subscribe at this rate. If it was much cheaper, I'm sure many more would.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Anyone able to provide a summary of what functionality would be lost in my new Prestige (delivery any day now!!!) if I do not renew the subscription to any of these services? I'm coming from an X5 and they have a service I believe is similar (a concierge-type service) although possibly not as in-dept as the Audi service. Is the Connect Plus just a data plan to make the vehicle a wifi hotspot? If so, is there a way to connect the vehicle's need for wifi to a Verizion Mifi mobile wifi hotspot?

-John
Old 04-12-2017, 08:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

From what I know you will lose the in car wifi and Audi connect which includes Google Maps, POI, Remote diagnostics, car finder etc..

Audi connect has 2 modes of operation. 1.) It connects directly to AT&T network 2.) The WIFI (hotspot+Client mode) where you can connect to your phone or mifi hotspot to make your vehicle connect to the internet.

The 2nd option is conveniently disabled for the US market. You can enable the wifi hotspot+client mode using VCDS but I have heard that the client mode does not work. Meaning you can only go with option 1 and pay AT&T those ridiculous charge for something that could have been avoided by enabling option 2.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by TrueAt1stLight
Anyone able to provide a summary of what functionality would be lost in my new Prestige (delivery any day now!!!) if I do not renew the subscription to any of these services? I'm coming from an X5 and they have a service I believe is similar (a concierge-type service) although possibly not as in-dept as the Audi service. Is the Connect Plus just a data plan to make the vehicle a wifi hotspot? If so, is there a way to connect the vehicle's need for wifi to a Verizion Mifi mobile wifi hotspot?

-John
https://www.audiusa.com/technology/i...e/audi-connect

Going through the list at the bottom with my thoughts:
  • Google Earth™
  • Google Street View™
  • Google Voice Search™
These are nice, but nothing ground breaking and can be had on your phone for no extra charge. Personal valuation: $1/mo.
  • myAudi Destinations
  • Over-the-Air Map Data Updates
  • Audi Semi-Dynamic Route Guidance with INRIX XD® Traffic3
These are nice if you use the GPS a lot which is preferable to using the phone, although the options on the phones are better and don't cost extra. Particularly in cities where congestion can be common. Personal valuation: $1/mo.
  • Fuel Prices
  • Travel Info
  • Parking Information
Probably the best features IMO, although can once again probably be done with phone apps for free. Personal valuation: $2/mo.
  • Audi Music Stream
  • Internet Radio
  • Twitter®
Worthless to me, twitter is a vacuous wasteland, I have no desire to use it ever. Internet radio is ok, but I very rarely use it. Your mileage may vary. Personal valuation: $0.
  • Geofencing
  • Speed Alert6
  • Valet Alert6
  • Curfew Alert6
  • Parking Position7
  • Remote Lock/Unlock
  • Vehicle Status Reports15
These are ok but not really suited to my lifestyle/habits. I'll say $1/mo. because that is dirt cheap and I might use them once in a while. This is the only stuff that really is tied to the car you can't do on your phone. (some apps can remember parking position I think, but I just use the old grey matter for that).

You can get traffic light info too, but I think its only good in Las Vegas at the moment.

So roughly $5/mo. I'd keep it, which is a far cry from the ~$27/mo. the $499 for 18 months works out to be.

Not sure if it includes the wifi data, but you can do that separately with CONNECT plus or AT&T, which to me is nice for the kids on trips, otherwise meh.

Quick Reply: Connect Plans price increased?