Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 07:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away

Ok. This is the most uncomfortable car I have ever driven. The seats are beyond hard. The foam is non existented and you sit on the hard plastic which digs in my legs. I have adjusted them every which way and they cut off the circulation in my left leg. My back is killing me. I can barely walk. All from this horrendously designed seat. I am 6'2" and 225. Not that big. But this car is bad. In addition the ride is very poor. It is not steady on the fwy. It has a noticible lag until the revs get high. So it is poor off the stop light. And even with the annoying auto engine off disengaged the engine clunks when slowing down. The steering is so numb and over powered that there is no connection with the road. I am not sure what to do at this point. But this is not a good car.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Is this for real? Did you not test drive the car a few times before buying it?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Did you get the Warm Weather Package with the Sport Seats? Or do you have the standard seats?
Old 04-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

This has to be a competitor troll post. I test drove it and all of his concerns are ridiculous.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by superswiss
IMO, the steering, freeway (mostly related to the steering), and lag parts of it are. I have no trouble with the seats. With that said, just about everyone I show the new Q5 to loves it. That's why I don't really share my opinion on cars. It's what the customer wants, not what I want.

Last edited by SYMAWD; 04-19-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by superswiss
Yes I test drove it. In the two miles you really do not get a feel for the seat. It is not like you can go rent it. The seat is horrendous. The car is beautiful to look and and pretty inside. But as far as driving it is lacking.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by scottkusf
This has to be a competitor troll post. I test drove it and all of his concerns are ridiculous.
Not a troll. I attached pictures of outside and the new dash. Which is very slick. But the seat,the lag,the ride,the clunk. All are very real.
Attached Thumbnails 7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away-img_0924.jpg   7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away-img_0916.jpg  
Old 04-19-2017, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Does it seem like the claimed acceleration for 0-60 of 5.9 seconds is for real. Seems a little questionable if lag is that noticeable.

Last edited by auntrout; 04-19-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Roland Soltesz
Not a troll. I attached pictures of outside and the new dash. Which is very slick. But the seat,the lag,the ride,the clunk. All are very real.
Originally Posted by auntrout
Surprised with the lag how they claim 5.9 seconds for 0-60.
I am sure that they had the rpm up before they started. The car is very peppy
Once the rpm band climbs. But from 1000 to 2000 rpm it's Slug. And then the power kicks in.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Roland Soltesz
Yes I test drove it. In the two miles you really do not get a feel for the seat. It is not like you can go rent it. The seat is horrendous. The car is beautiful to look and and pretty inside. But as far as driving it is lacking.
Yes, you can rent these cars. You may have to fly out here to San Francisco if you don't already live in the area and make a little vacation out of it. They don't have every trim level, but this is a nice service to sample everything all the way up to an R8 for some extended behind the wheel time.

https://www.us.audiondemand.com/us/s..._ondemand.html

Two miles is definitely not enough to test a car. If you can't rent/test the exact trim you plan to order, you can drive another model with the same engine/seats etc. For example I never test drove an RS5 before buying one, because there were none on the lots, but I test drove an S5 as a close approximation and figured if I like it, I will like the RS5.

Quick Reply: 7 days with the Q5 and ready to give it away