Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?

Just went to the Audi website to build a Q5 2018 to see what it might cost (if my Q5 Diesel) ends up getting bought.

There was no option for the Driver Assistance Package or whatever it's called for things like Active Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition, despite the Press Release saying it would be an option.

Anyone know anything more?
Old 04-21-2017, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

It has a delayed introduction.
Old 04-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
It has a delayed introduction.
Does that mean cars built/ordered recently will not have the options added?

Is Traffic Jam Assist part of this delay?
Old 04-22-2017, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Garrett Gyssler

Is Traffic Jam Assist part of this delay?
Correct
Old 04-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Tysandrew
Correct
Well crap, that was a big part of the tech package I was expecting to get.

So to get the driver assistance package, we'd need to wait on our order until later this year? Anyone know if there is a way to 'add-on' the package after the car is delivered?
Old 04-22-2017, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Garrett Gyssler
Well crap, that was a big part of the tech package I was expecting to get.

So to get the driver assistance package, we'd need to wait on our order until later this year? Anyone know if there is a way to 'add-on' the package after the car is delivered?
Not in a cost effective way.

Grey
Old 04-26-2017, 10:54 AM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default DAP

Originally Posted by hitchens97
Just went to the Audi website to build a Q5 2018 to see what it might cost (if my Q5 Diesel) ends up getting bought.

There was no option for the Driver Assistance Package or whatever it's called for things like Active Lane Assist and Traffic Sign Recognition, despite the Press Release saying it would be an option.

Me too on the DAP, can't figure what Audi's up to as I want the new Q5 with the DAP. It's a deal breaker for me currently. Hell every cheap Asian car and US mfg equipping their autos with it FOC. But look here. Buy an OBDEleven Pro (google play only, none for iOS) $60, access OBD and activate lane assist and auto high beam but not active cruise control or traffic sign recognition. All the sensors are in place btw. fyi
Old 04-26-2017, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

We ordered a new S4 and SQ5 about at the same time, I wanted Driver Assistance and my wife says, something to the effect, I won't take the car if it comes WITH it (WITH, not WITHOUT) -- she would like to remove cruise control, in fact.

So, while the rep was saying Driver Assistance was "delayed availability" and my wife was cheering, I was very happy to have it available on the S4.

Subsequently, I have driven the S4 and had a chance to try the Automatic Cruise Control -- I like it, a lot.

Yes, it can be called a safety nanny -- but, these days, we need all the nannies we can get if you asked me.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bpp
Me too on the DAP, can't figure what Audi's up to as I want the new Q5 with the DAP. It's a deal breaker for me currently. Hell every cheap Asian car and US mfg equipping their autos with it FOC. But look here. Buy an OBDEleven Pro (google play only, none for iOS) $60, access OBD and activate lane assist and auto high beam but not active cruise control or traffic sign recognition. All the sensors are in place btw. fyi
What model is this for? Will this work for Premium 2018 Q5?
Old 04-26-2017, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by hitchens97

Must be due to a regulatory issue in the US, pending some approval. If you go on Audi Canada's website, it's available as the urban driver assistance package - although that includes adaptive cruise control and traffic sign recognition in addition to audi pre sense, but pre sense is standard on the US model.

Quick Reply: Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?