Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A new A6 has joined the family...

Old 04-26-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A new A6 has joined the family...

Our S4 lease was up and after much searching and driving, my wife decided on a Glacier White A6 3.0T with 20" Sport Package, Beige and Brown interior, LED Headlights...

We are committed canyon folks on the weekend and the S4/RS5 combo worked well. However, the leases on new S4's were horrific, no money on the hood for M3's and the Macan had no backseat room. We came very close on a TTs that was such a great lease and would have been a great canyon car, but it would have left us with no real rear seats in any car. We actually came close to getting a leftover Boxster GTS because it was so capable, fun and had a ton of money on the hood... practicality set in and we ended up with the A6. An AWE cat-back system, plus a few chassis tweaks are in the works and we have a great all-around car. My RS5 is nearing its sell-by date, so the Porsche may yet be on the horizon or a new RS5.

I look forward to enjoying the A6 (our third) and to hearing from you all... I have attached a rather crappy image (read boring) of the A6 outside the garage - we got it tinted before we picked it up. I will post better images from our trip to the mountains this weekend... plus one last parting shot of Erin and her S4 from last Sunday on its final canyon run... a quick 100 miles through the Angeles Crest.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Attached Thumbnails A new A6 has joined the family...-a6-25apr17.jpg   A new A6 has joined the family...-s4-23apr17.jpg  

Last edited by eric strauss; 04-26-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Those rims look beautiful... but probably PITA to clean, haha. On the bright side you'll have a good excuse to give her a proper wash once in a while. As much as I love my S6... the A6 paired with the 3.0 supercharged just feels so pleasantly light on its feet, enjoy!
Old 04-26-2017, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I should have mentioned that we looked at the S6 as well...

Originally Posted by Tinbad
Congrats! Those rims look beautiful... but probably PITA to clean, haha. On the bright side you'll have a good excuse to give her a proper wash once in a while. As much as I love my S6... the A6 paired with the 3.0 supercharged just feels so pleasantly light on its feet, enjoy!
However, the lease for that car was very high and would have curtailed the budget on the RS5 side of the house when the time comes...

Enjoy your S6 - it is a beast :-)
Old 04-27-2017, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new car. Trust me when I tell you that I get how agonizing it is to decide what to buy next. Not a day....or a few hours probably goes buy that I don't think about what my next car is going to be. I love the Glacier White.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:30 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Congratulations! That's beautiful. Glacier White was my first choice when I was looking, but ended up with my second.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Eric, very nice. Congratulations on that! Interesting wheel design!! Enjoy.
Old 04-27-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Congrats! I have the same wheels. They have a coating on them that makes it easy to clean.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Thank goodness - my wife loves the wheels...

Originally Posted by Inyoury
Congrats! I have the same wheels. They have a coating on them that makes it easy to clean.
... I saw a big increase in time cleaning. I use the Griots Speed Shine and do our wheels each evening after the commutes... the recessed parts are dark grey, so likely outer surfaces only - major clean on weekends... damn Audi brake dust - but yahoo Audi for stout brakes with no squeal... my RS5 is literally 20 seconds per wheel.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Old 04-27-2017, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by eric strauss
... I saw a big increase in time cleaning. I use the Griots Speed Shine and do our wheels each evening after the commutes... the recessed parts are dark grey, so likely outer surfaces only - major clean on weekends... damn Audi brake dust - but yahoo Audi for stout brakes with no squeal... my RS5 is literally 20 seconds per wheel.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Hmm, interesting. I use armor all extreme wheel cleaner. Wet the wheels and spray the wheels with the cleaner and then use speed master wheel brush (have both large and jr versions) to clean about 45 secs brushing. I spend more time wiping the water off the wheels than cleaning them.

Enjoy your our new car!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Congrats - sweet car!

I must say that I'm surprised at the choice, given the emphasis you place on canyon-carving. Though the A6 shares that wonderful 3.0T motor, it's nothing like as nimble as the S4, but you know that already. It's always tradeoffs, though, right?

Enjoy!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A new A6 has joined the family...