Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Bargaining margins on a new S5

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Bargaining margins on a new S5

Hello,

I'm strongly leaning toward a purchase
of an S5 prestige. I was wondering: according to your experience what are roughly the bargaining margins at Audi dealerships (specifically florida - if it makes any difference). obviously I'm trying to get a decent deal.
So far, only one dealership offer to me a pitty $1300 break off the advirticed price over 67k.
Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you.
M
Old 05-12-2017, 05:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An Audi Club of North America membership benefit (after 6 mo membership) is a 6% off MSRP discount. Without that, a discount of 3-1/2 to 4% is common. It pays to speak to multiple dealers. Ask them if they recognize the ACNA discount program. That's a great starting point. You can work back from there if you need to.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most seem to be getting 1-2 maybe 3% off msrp plus the $750 loyalty discount on financed purchases. You probably aren't get much. It's a high demand car and they don't have much incentive to incentivize you.
Old 05-12-2017, 05:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

For a Sportback, up to 4% off MSRP seems doable in some areas. Not currently eligible for the ACNA discount so there isn't usually much wiggle room. If you can't get more off the top, try to work in other goodies (accessories, Audi Care, etc) into the deal or see if they can make up for it with your trade in. Call around to as many local dealers as you can.

For a Coupe, 6% off should be easily doable. Eligible for the ACNA discount (6%) if you are a member for at least 6 months (immediately if you buy a lifetime membership).

https://www.audiclubna.org/
Old 05-12-2017, 06:17 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by jamis
For a Sportback, up to 4% off MSRP seems doable in some areas. Not currently eligible for the ACNA discount so there isn't usually much wiggle room. If you can't get more off the top, try to work in other goodies (accessories, Audi Care, etc) into the deal or see if they can make up for it with your trade in. Call around to as many local dealers as you can.

For a Coupe, 6% off should be easily doable. Eligible for the ACNA discount (6%) if you are a member for at least 6 months (immediately if you buy a lifetime membership).

https://www.audiclubna.org/
Aside from that discount, are there any other reasons why one would consider buying a membership?
Old 05-12-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

It's the only reason I joined, and it has more than paid for itself.

There are some other discounts and driving events that the club puts on that look cool if you have the time/resources... but I've never taken advantage of them.
Old 05-12-2017, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by N8!
Aside from that discount, are there any other reasons why one would consider buying a membership?
When I leased my F-Type, joining the JCNA saved me $2500 off of a just released super desirable model so I thought that was pretty good...just joined the ACNA!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Wow, thanks you very much the infos! spending $750 to save overall 3k is a no brainer... I'll discuss with the dealer. Thanks again.
M
Old 05-12-2017, 07:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Abtpl
Wow, thanks you very much the infos! spending $750 to save overall 3k is a no brainer... I'll discuss with the dealer. Thanks again.
M
Keep in mind that the Sport Back is not current eligible. Only the coupe.

When demand starts to decline on the DB, the discount may apply in the future.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jamis
Keep in mind that the Sport Back is not current eligible. Only the coupe.

When demand starts to decline on the DB, the discount may apply in the future.
I'm looking at a coupe, and I just heard back from the dealer, about which they will honor the ACNA discount.
I would have not known it if not for this forum......thank you!!!

Quick Reply: Bargaining margins on a new S5