2nd q7

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2nd q7

hi
in a bind.
have a q7 prestige. bought it for my wife. smooth as hell with all bells and whistles.
now planning to buy another SUV. initially didnt want to buy another q7. looked at bmw x5 ( new version i think coming in 2018 model ) , xc90 ( well made car ). dont like MB's.
really torn between q7 and xc90. 1 year review of the q7's are better than xc90's. but would not like to have 2 identical cars in the garage. i am not sure, but i dont want to buy something and then regret it the instant i drive off the lot !!
Old 05-19-2017, 10:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Consumer Reports rates the new Q7 as the best SUV it's ever tested and show a first year of reliability to be excellent. The new XC90 has been shown to have poor reliability. Car and Driver rated the new Q7 also at the the top of its field, beating out the XC90 and others.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I cant compare the two, dont feel they are in the same class. Nothing wrong with another Q7 in the garage if the only choice is a Volvo. Unfortunately both the GLE and X5 are not options at this point until they change

But there is the Range Rover (in Diesel too)

Last edited by BigKutta; 05-19-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I see where you are coming from. Doesn't seem right to have 2 of the save vehicle in the garage
Old 05-19-2017, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by crownroyal
I see where you are coming from. Doesn't seem right to have 2 of the save vehicle in the garage

yes,, thats the thing !
same car different colors !!!
Old 05-19-2017, 11:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

What are you looking in to have in your New SUV? If cargo capacity/space are not of paramount importance[now that you already have a Q7] I would look for other [smaller]options.RR sport, Cayenne etc... I would certainly not recommend either the XC90 or the Merc over the Q7 now. I would also advice against having similar cars.If you are spending that much money ,why not enjoy a different flair.
Why not lease a X5M?
Old 05-19-2017, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by cukoodukoo
What are you looking in to have in your New SUV? If cargo capacity/space are not of paramount importance[now that you already have a Q7] I would look for other [smaller]options.RR sport, Cayenne etc... I would certainly not recommend either the XC90 or the Merc over the Q7 now. I would also advice against having similar cars.If you are spending that much money ,why not enjoy a different flair.
Why not lease a X5M?
Yes if capacity is not much of an issue get a smaller SQ5 or the Porsche Macan Turbo. One of my neighbors has the Porsche.. really looks nice. Now if only she learned how to drive.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by crownroyal
Now if only she learned how to drive.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cukoodukoo
Why not lease a X5M?
I agree. Go beyond these. Have been narrow in my search. Tunnel vision. That was one of the reasons I asked this here.
Thanks
Old 05-19-2017, 06:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have test driven or rented all of these and IF I had to purchase another SUV (not a 2nd Q7), I would highly consider leasing a Land Rover. Lots of choices like the I really want to test drive the new Discovery. I test drove the Range Rover Sport in both supercharged V6 gas and diesel, preferred the diesel.

Lease only consideration for the Land Rover's based on the Discovery being a new model and the brand not known for reliability.

Quick Reply: 2nd q7