A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

List of known problems for the A4 B9

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 10:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default List of known problems for the A4 B9

Hi guys!

Do you know where to find out a list of problems/recalls already detected by the brand for this car in Europe?

Best regards
Old 05-19-2017, 10:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JJBrStyle
Hi guys!

Do you know where to find out a list of problems/recalls already detected by the brand for this car in Europe?

Best regards
They don't have a recall by VIN system in Europe?
Old 05-19-2017, 11:05 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Strife1013
They don't have a recall by VIN system in Europe?
I don't know any... I think that even being a german brand, USA car owners are much better treated because of better federal standards that protect the consumer.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Hi guys!

Best regards
In the UK, this is a reasonable starting point - https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled .

Hope this helps, Regards...
Old 05-24-2017, 01:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nickjwilliams
In the UK, this is a reasonable starting point - https://www.gov.uk/check-if-a-vehicle-has-been-recalled .

Hope this helps, Regards...
Thanks @nickjwilliams! It helpeed to see that a car I've bought is affected with the 69P2 recall... This kind of stuff sucks a lot!
Old 05-24-2017, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks @nickjwilliams! It helpeed to see that a car I've bought is affected with the 69P2 recall... This kind of stuff sucks a lot!
Sorry it's not the news you hoped for, but better to know than not know in my mind. Hope you get it sorted quickly and painlessly...

Regards...
Old 05-24-2017, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

There were a couple of minor recalls, but I've yet to hear of any major issues. 4800 miles so far and rock solid.
Old 09-15-2017, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Audi A4 (B9) Problems

Hi guys!

Best regards
I live in Australia and drive a
2016 AUDI A4 1.4 TFSI (B9) 4D SEDAN
that has the following problems that have persisted after multiple visits to the Audi Service Center in Mornington:
1) WHIRRING NOISE - A dull whirring noise at low speeds (when in forward and reverse gears) - sounds like a servo motor. The Audi Service Manager acknowledges the sound and after a week of investigation, in his Service Bay, he says that the sound is coming from the Transmission and that its normal for all A4s. I've since driven another A4 from the same dealership and the whirring noise wasn't evident. I've also had a Q2, A5 and an A3 on loan and none of them had the problem.

2) SPEAKER/AUDIO SYSTEM CRACKLE - The speakers crackle horribly at times - especially when there is a female voice speaking on an AM stations or when some songs are played (like Simon and Garfunkel's 'BOXER'). The AUDI Service Manager first attributed it to a fault speaker and they replaced the speaker and then when the problem persisted they said it was a door trim on the inside and they said they reinforced that with a modified clip and some padding but the problem persists.

3) START/STOP SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK - The Start/Stop system stops working sometimes and the engine runs rough when that happens and (short term) fuel consumption jumps as high as 40lt/100. The AUDI Service Manager said he'd fixed it with a software update but the problem persists, albeit intermittently.

These are 3 frustrating problems, in an otherwise gorgeous car. Not problems you'd expect from a German car manufacturer...
Old 09-13-2020, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Vasee Nesiah

2) SPEAKER/AUDIO SYSTEM CRACKLE - The speakers crackle horribly at times - especially when there is a female voice speaking on an AM stations or when some songs are played (like Simon and Garfunkel's 'BOXER'). The AUDI Service Manager first attributed it to a fault speaker and they replaced the speaker and then when the problem persisted they said it was a door trim on the inside and they said they reinforced that with a modified clip and some padding but the problem persists.
Hi.
have you ever found a solution for this problem with the speaker?
I own used A4 2016, avant TDI. (italy) I have exactly the same Problem. I was planning to replace the speaker in the driver's door, but now I read your post and not sure if it will help.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2020, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 261 Likes on 200 Posts

Vasee Nesiah hasn't been on the site for nearly three years so I wouldn't be optimistic about receiving a direct response.
The following users liked this post:
nmiller (09-13-2020)

Quick Reply: List of known problems for the A4 B9