S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

2018 S4 features missing in my new car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2018 S4 features missing in my new car?

Hey! I just got my new 2018 S4 (B9) a week ago, and am still figuring stuff out. I've noticed a few weird inconsistencies, and am wondering if this is normal or not. Does anyone here have the same issues?
  1. In the rearview mirror, I don't have the digital compass. It is just not there. Push the buttom under the mirror, nothing happens. It seems to be a standard feature on the Audi website.
  2. In the trunk, I only have 1 bag hanger on the right side. See pics. I was sure there were 2, one on both the left and right side, in the 2017/2018 A4 and S4 demo models I drove. See pic.
  3. In the trunk, there is an LED light on the left side, but just a hole on the right side. Is this right? Shouldn't I have a light on the right side too? See pic.
  4. In the trunk there is speaker on the left side, but not the left. Shouldn't I have speakers on both sides. I have the B/O sound. I don't see the 2 rear speakers in the trunk. It's possible that speaker on the left is the sub, but I'm not sure. See pic.

The dealer is closed for the long weekend, and will ask them next week for sure. But wanted to figure this out quick as it's really bugging me! :-)

-Glenner.

I only have 1 bag holder? Did they forget to install the 2nd one?

Is this the sub? In my old car, I have 2 speakers here in the trunk...<br/>

No LED on the right side? Just the hole cutout?
Old 05-20-2017, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you're in Canada, too.

I definitely have the rearview mirror compass and 2 bag hooks. The big speaker on the left is the sub.

I have the Technik full load except the driver assistance package.

Disappointed I don't have rear cross traffic alert and acoustic side front windows.

I'll check my car tonite for the LED.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Confirmed only 1 LED in the trunk, same as yours.

Also found I acutally do have rear cross traffic alert as is triggered for the first time tonight.
Old 05-21-2017, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

I asked my dealer about the second bag hook and he said there aren't holes for it and their systems doesn't have the part number for another one either. Super strange.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wow. I'll confess it's a little unsettling to see inconsistencies like this in the new S4s. They are not all the same? I'm wondering now what else I'm "missing". Did they give me a turbocharger? :-)
  1. I can live the single LED... maybe the extra cutout is for UK models where the driver is on the right? But perhaps they could plug the hole with something... it just looks unfinished.
  2. The missing 2nd hook I have a bigger issue with. Those are actually useful. And my S4 is fully kitted out. Tecknik plus everything on it (except red calipers and carbon inlays). In my mind, I have to get at least the same 2 hooks every A4 gets. If anything I should get a 3rd hook. :-) I'll have to ask the dealer to install one... Since that part can break it seems to me it must a replaceable part?
  3. Maybe there is no hook because the sub is in the way? Does anyone have the sub and also have 2 hooks?
  4. How do I tell if I have the acoustic front glass?
  5. Definitely don't have a digital compass either. Seems the forgot to include it. Will need to get that fixed.

We need to get to the bottom of this! I almost want Audi to check out the whole car now and tell me if everything else is in order.

Cheers, -Glenner.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Same as you with only one hook on the right and one trunk LED on the left. I do have the digital compass though!
Old 05-21-2017, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There's another A4 owner in the US who discovered that his car is also missing a bag hook. He was a able to get his dealer to supply and install the missing one.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-hook-2920068/

If your dealer does not want to provide it, I guess your only recourse is to DIY. These bag hooks are cheap through Ebay sources and they are easy to install.

Another guy in Toronto also discovered that there is only one LED light in the trunk.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...-what-2902649/

I am disappointed at how Audi is scrimping and saving pennies by not providing these missing parts. A premium band like Audi shouldn't be doing this stupid thing just to save pennies (figuratively speaking).
Old 05-21-2017, 10:16 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My A4 came with 2hooks, seems reverse thinking to provide only one in the S4!
Old 05-21-2017, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

From Audi USA website under S4 features it says 2):

"Trunk storage package (four cargo tie-downs, two side nets and two grocery hooks)"
Old 05-21-2017, 12:38 PM
aj6
AudiWorld Member

Technically there are two "hooks" on the fold down device... this is still miserable if they only gave us one of them.

Quick Reply: 2018 S4 features missing in my new car?