Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Few questions about the RS3

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few questions about the RS3

I've got a few questions about the upcoming RS3. I had a standard A3 as a loaner for a few days and noticed a few things.

The A3 did not dip the right mirror when in reverse. Is this different on the RS3?

Also I could only open and lock the car keyless from the front doors, will this be the same on the RS3?

The car had plastic in the door panels and knee pads, will this be leather without adding the Design Package?

The A3 did not have Homelink to open the garage door, will this be added to the RS3?

I know those are minor convenience things but still helpful in everyday driving.

I am still very excited about my RS3 hopefully delivered soon.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by shivamerlin
I've got a few questions about the upcoming RS3. I had a standard A3 as a loaner for a few days and noticed a few things.

The A3 did not dip the right mirror when in reverse. Is this different on the RS3?

Also I could only open and lock the car keyless from the front doors, will this be the same on the RS3?

The car had plastic in the door panels and knee pads, will this be leather without adding the Design Package?

The A3 did not have Homelink to open the garage door, will this be added to the RS3?

I know those are minor convenience things but still helpful in everyday driving.

I am still very excited about my RS3 hopefully delivered soon.

Thanks!
1) Did you confirm the door switch for the mirror was in the right position? It only works when the passenger mirror is selected, and you have to set it up the first time. Might not have been set up. Regardless, your RS3 comes standard with this feature.

2) Yes, front doors only on the RS3 as well.

3) No, they will be plastic unless you add the $1,000 RS Design pack or the $300 Extended Leather pack.

4) Homelink is a port installed item on the S3, so I assume that since it's not listed anywhere on the order guide (including under Port Installed Accessories) that we won't see it this year on the RS3. I had this gripe when I got my S3, but am used to the opener on my visor now.

Hope that helps.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by BlackAce
1) Did you confirm the door switch for the mirror was in the right position? It only works when the passenger mirror is selected, and you have to set it up the first time. Might not have been set up. Regardless, your RS3 comes standard with this feature.

2) Yes, front doors only on the RS3 as well.

3) No, they will be plastic unless you add the $1,000 RS Design pack or the $300 Extended Leather pack.

4) Homelink is a port installed item on the S3, so I assume that since it's not listed anywhere on the order guide (including under Port Installed Accessories) that we won't see it this year on the RS3. I had this gripe when I got my S3, but am used to the opener on my visor now.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the info. Wish I had known I would have added the Design package but when I contacted the dealer today I was told changes are no longer possible.

Well.. I guess I will have to live without some conveniences but I think I'll be fine.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shivamerlin
Thank you for the info. Wish I had known I would have added the Design package but when I contacted the dealer today I was told changes are no longer possible.

Well.. I guess I will have to live without some conveniences but I think I'll be fine.
shivamerlin, as soon as you turn over the engine, the last thing you'll be concerned about is a bit of plastic on the door panels
Btw, my S3 has leather around the knees so I'd be surprised if the RS3 has plastic.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
shivamerlin, as soon as you turn over the engine, the last thing you'll be concerned about is a bit of plastic on the door panels
Btw, my S3 has leather around the knees so I'd be surprised if the RS3 has plastic.
Depends on where you are. US S3 is plastic, at least for '15 & '16.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackAce
Depends on where you are. US S3 is plastic, at least for '15 & '16.
Well my '17 here in the States has leather.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Having homelink is pretty basic IMO and I hope it will have it...
Old 05-23-2017, 08:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CoOlSlY
Having homelink is pretty basic IMO and I hope it will have it...
Im embhassased to say this, but I agree - "who cares you &%$@ its an RS3!"

My first S3 didn't have it and I didn't care - until 3 days after I started driving it - funny what you choose to care about it in a daily driver.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Timmay
So true. I believe it does have leather as every single interior picture I have seen without the design package it was always shown with leather.

At the end of the day...who cares...what we care about is: 1-2-4-5-3 :-)
Old 05-24-2017, 05:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

@BlackAce is correct. The door arm rests/pulls and console kneepads are that rubberized plastic unless you get RS Design Package (red stitching) or the Extended Leather Package (grey stitching), in which case the door arm rests/pulls are leatherette and the console knee pads are alcantara.

The various photos you see otherwise are not of the U.S.-spec car.

This has been confirmed by Audi a number of times, and frankly, even if it hadn't, it's clear that's the case from the options list (the existence of extended leather in the options exposes the fact that it is not extended in the standard car).

Quick Reply: Few questions about the RS3