Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Finally - Your Audi Q5 is scheduled to be built- how long now?

Old 05-24-2017, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Finally - Your Audi Q5 is scheduled to be built- how long now?

After weeks we finally got the "Your Audi Q5 is scheduled to be built... Your Audi Q5 has gone into production. "

They go on to say " I’ll contact you again when your vehicle is in transit to the European port of Emden. From there, your Q5 will start its journey to the United States. "

Now it's not really going from Mexico -> Emden -> Southern California, right?

For those of you in the US- how long from the start of production to arrival at your dealer? Thanks everyone. John
Old 05-24-2017, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like Audi's canned e-mails need updating.
Found this excerpt in an online article about Audi's Mexico plant. Explains a few things -

Beyond that, however, exports will move in a mixed model of rail and sea. Vehicles will move by rail and truck to the port of Veracruz on the east coast, where they will be shipped to the North American east coast, South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Turkey; vehicles will move by rail to the port of Lázaro Cárdenas on the Pacific coast, where units will be shipped to Asia. A large share will also move northbound on pure rail flows, moving to Houston, Texas via the border crossing at Laredo, and by rail to San Diego, California via the El Paso crossing.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jsclarke99
After weeks we finally got the "Your Audi Q5 is scheduled to be built... Your Audi Q5 has gone into production. "

They go on to say " I’ll contact you again when your vehicle is in transit to the European port of Emden. From there, your Q5 will start its journey to the United States. "

Now it's not really going from Mexico -> Emden -> Southern California, right?

For those of you in the US- how long from the start of production to arrival at your dealer? Thanks everyone. John

How long after you received the "your order has been placed" email did you receive the scheduled to be built email?
Old 05-24-2017, 07:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmiletta
How long after you received the "your order has been placed" email did you receive the scheduled to be built email?
On my first order I received this email about 3 weeks after the initial customer in waiting email. FWIW that order was for a Q5 prestige with damping. I cxld to reorder with DAP.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My production notification has the same error showing europe. Surprised this hasnt been fixed...plenty of people will probably read that email, never realized there even is a Mexico plant, and assume theirs is being made in Germany.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:19 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmiletta
We paid a deposit and placed the order on 3/11/17, and received the above email yesterday on 5/24/17 - so - approx 2 1/2 months.

Think the dealer will have it in a month? Hoping so- our existing lease is up. And sure, audi financial will extend, but then we get to pay a year of vehicle license fees for just a month of use. Thank you all.