A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

Finally got my allroad, then...

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 06:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally got my allroad, then...

So, I ordered my allroad mid January, tracked it like a mental patient across the Atlantic to Halifax then RI, then managed to get it from port to dealer in four days, took delivery on Friday, got it home, loved it, ran a few errands, then this morning went out to take it for a longer drive and got a "start/stop system malfunction" and then a "drive system malfunction". I was so looking forward to spending the long weekend tooling around in the my toy. Called roadside assistance and was told they'd tow it to the nearest Audi dealer but that I wouldn't see anything until Tuesday. Luckily, the car is still in my driveway. Very disappointed.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not a great start. Sorry to hear that.
Hopefully dealer can sort it out on Tuesday and you can start fresh with it.
Old 05-28-2017, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Robmac123
Not a great start. Sorry to hear that.
Hopefully dealer can sort it out on Tuesday and you can start fresh with it.
The dealer said it might be a control module failure which hopefully will be a quick fix. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Agree, not a welcoming start to your ownership, particularly since you have waited so long, but I am also quite sure this will be remedied quickly and you will see what all of we 2017 AR owners have been raving about.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

That's pretty brutal... I was taking delivery last Friday, but got a call about 45 minutes before our appointment... They banged up the rear end moving it on the lot... So much for weekend plans, but plenty of time to start thinking about "how they can make this right"
Old 06-05-2017, 06:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by BlurredLines
That's pretty brutal... I was taking delivery last Friday, but got a call about 45 minutes before our appointment... They banged up the rear end moving it on the lot... So much for weekend plans, but plenty of time to start thinking about "how they can make this right"
That stinks. BUT I would find out if this is going to be a reportable CARFAX issue. If it would be, I'd give some thought to compensation - as in a diminished value claim, or depending on the damage, might out and out refuse it. If it is not and the damage is relatively minor (like it probably is) I'd entertain what they would do to compensate me. Just to be clear, I'm not someone who is out to squeeze the dealership in any way, accidents happen, but you also have a ~50k car and it should be delivered in a pristine condition.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

That really sucks. I would be happier if they didn't even tell me and they just fixed it. I would constantly be scrutinizing the paint, knowing that it had been redone. Hopefully you're not as OCD as I am.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Sadly the OCD runs strong with me... I'm really hoping it's more minor but the phrase "I'll send photo's" followed by the lack of photo's has me a bit apprehensive to assume it's minimal. I'm also not one to squeeze my dealership, but I plan to keep the Allroad until it can't hold up and this isn't a great way to start. I'm hopeful that the dealer can get it looking 100%, coated and xpel'd before delivery at this point. I'd hate to refuse it, but I've no idea what actually happened or how much damage may have been done and I'm not excited to drop +50k on something that's going to have residual issues as a result of mishandling.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Sadly the OCD runs strong with me... I'm really hoping it's more minor but the phrase "I'll send photo's" followed by the lack of photo's has me a bit apprehensive to assume it's minimal. I'm also not one to squeeze my dealership, but I plan to keep the Allroad until it can't hold up and this isn't a great way to start. I'm hopeful that the dealer can get it looking 100%, coated and xpel'd before delivery at this point. I'd hate to refuse it, but I've no idea what actually happened or how much damage may have been done and I'm not excited to drop +50k on something that's going to have residual issues as a result of mishandling.
This is not OCD. And basically you are agreeing with me. You need to find out exactly what the damage is and exactly what needs to be done to fix it. Get the manager involved.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

I completely agree with you! My apologies if my rambling sounded contrary to that. The OCD portion will be the constant staring at any imperfections in the rear end regardless of whether or not this was the cause and trying to polish them out.

Quick Reply: Finally got my allroad, then...