Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Order Q7 with or without adaptive air suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Order Q7 with or without adaptive air suspension?

Placed order for a 2018 Q7 and I may have only have 2 days to add the option order so appreciate quick input.

Looking for opinions on ride quality, handling, enjoyment of driving etc and not so much on the cost for adding it.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I havnt read about anyone regretting thier choice to get it.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was in the same shoes as you. I decided against it. If money is no object then get it. But for me, it was a factor and it really adds 2 things (assuming you don't tow much).
1) tighter turn radius (i'm fine doing a 3 point turn on the rare occasions that I have to.
2)adjustable ride- Nice but I honestly feel like the stock suspension is pretty darn good.

If you tow, probably a good idea to get it.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:56 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did not get it and I wish that I would have. It is my understanding that the ride is better and while mine is fantastic without it, I think that it would be a nice to have accessory. The only thing that did concern me was what is the long-term reliability of the system? (five years)
Old 05-31-2017, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nafzal80
Placed order for a 2018 Q7 and I may have only have 2 days to add the option order so appreciate quick input.

Looking for opinions on ride quality, handling, enjoyment of driving etc and not so much on the cost for adding it.
ride quality is excellent and handling is great for a vehicle in it's size. i like the ability to put it in comfort when i have my kids with me in the car. I also prefer the aesthetics of the vehicle when in dynamic mode.
Old 05-31-2017, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The air suspension is fantastic on the car. I've heard some people complaining about ride harshness with 20" wheels/RFT on the steel suspension, but I have the 20" with air and I can't imagine how anyone would complain about ride quality in my Q7. In general, everyone comments on how smooth the ride is on my SUV.

You also get the 4 wheel steering with the air suspension. The turning radius is amazingly tight with the 4 wheel steering and the SUV seems much more willing to change directions in a good way than I imagined a car this big could. I haven't done a back-to-back test, but I think it's much tighter than my old A6 at slow speeds. Stability at highway speeds is also excellent, so there is no trade off.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just found out that it's too late for me to add it. Bummer.

Still pretty good on steel suspension though right?
Old 05-31-2017, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

It works great, particularly if you tow.

But get the extended warranty if you are ordering it, to avoid the potential of high repair costs as the system ages
Old 05-31-2017, 10:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by nafzal80
Just found out that it's too late for me to add it. Bummer.

Still pretty good on steel suspension though right?
I test drove both on different days (not back to back) and I did not even notice a difference in ride quality. Both were extremely smooth. Maybe I would have noticed it if I did one right after the other but either one is good in my book.
Old 05-31-2017, 10:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by argoldst
I test drove both on different days (not back to back) and I did not even notice a difference in ride quality. Both were extremely smooth. Maybe I would have noticed it if I did one right after the other but either one is good in my book.
This makes me feel much better. Thank you so much everyone. This community is AWESOME!

Quick Reply: Order Q7 with or without adaptive air suspension?