S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

First Black Optic?

Old 06-08-2017, 04:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Black Optic?

I am new to Audi making the transition over from the VW world. It was time for me to transition into something a little more serious. I had been waiting to order this car since 2016 (never came). On 3/15 I was finally able to place my order exactly how I wanted it sans the BO package. I have spent my fair share of time glancing through the forums waiting to poke my head. I was fortunate enough to catch the new order guide the day it came out and was able to contact my dealer and request the addition of the BO. Now I know this isn't for everyone and I am not sure it's even completely for me. Nevertheless, I enjoy the way both versions of the car look and decided to take the opportunity to be an early adopter. Anyways, although my dealer said they could modify my order they were unable to and instead reordered the same car with the BO. The first car I ordered showed up at the dealer yesterday and the BO version is scheduled for 6/20. Seems like it could be one of the first of its kind in the US and will be eager to share some images with everyone.

Prestige Plus
Daytona w/Magma & Carbon
Tech Package
Sports Diff
Ad. Steering
Black Optics

On a side note, I do not really get regular updates from my dealer. I have my COMM# NS3896 and was interested in getting an update on the progress. I know it missed the production date but was still scheduled to be delivered on time.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

My BO is scheduled for delivery 7/17. I received my VIN yesterday. Production completed 5/31.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by magikbaker
I am new to Audi making the transition over from the VW world. It was time for me to transition into something a little more serious. I had been waiting to order this car since 2016 (never came). On 3/15 I was finally able to place my order exactly how I wanted it sans the BO package. I have spent my fair share of time glancing through the forums waiting to poke my head. I was fortunate enough to catch the new order guide the day it came out and was able to contact my dealer and request the addition of the BO. Now I know this isn't for everyone and I am not sure it's even completely for me. Nevertheless, I enjoy the way both versions of the car look and decided to take the opportunity to be an early adopter. Anyways, although my dealer said they could modify my order they were unable to and instead reordered the same car with the BO. The first car I ordered showed up at the dealer yesterday and the BO version is scheduled for 6/20. Seems like it could be one of the first of its kind in the US and will be eager to share some images with everyone.

Prestige Plus
Daytona w/Magma & Carbon
Tech Package
Sports Diff
Ad. Steering
Black Optics

On a side note, I do not really get regular updates from my dealer. I have my COMM# NS3896 and was interested in getting an update on the progress. I know it missed the production date but was still scheduled to be delivered on time.
OP, congrats and that's a nice build. I have on order the same color combination and originally had the BO package. Though I had the dealer remove it preferring the 19" V-spoke rims and aluminum trim with the Daytona Grey. In my opinion, either combination should look good.

BTW, since you have listed the Tech Pkg., you should have the Premium Plus. There's no Prestige Plus only Prestige (which comes with the Tech Pkg.).
Old 06-08-2017, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

Prestige Plus
Daytona w/Magma & Carbon
Tech Package
Sports Diff
Ad. Steering
Black Optics

Original ETA 06/20/2017 - 07/18/2017
Open Campaigns No
Current ETA 06/22/2017 - 07/16/2017
Sale Reported Date
ETA Status On Track
Old 06-08-2017, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

What does it show for location? And is this a BO build?
Old 06-09-2017, 06:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SCarGuy
Original ETA 06/20/2017 - 07/18/2017
Open Campaigns No
Current ETA 06/22/2017 - 07/16/2017
Sale Reported Date
ETA Status On Track
Thanks for the update. I assume it will be the 6/22 date as the dealer is using the minimum date and the other order arrived on the minimum date as well.

Originally Posted by ibu11et
My BO is scheduled for delivery 7/17. I received my VIN yesterday. Production completed 5/31.
Interesting that your production date is before mine but you are expecting to receive your car a month after mine. I assume the dealer is giving you the most conservative date and mine the optimistic. Seems my dealer expects the 6/22 based on experience. Where are you located? Mine will be coming to Pittsburgh.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:14 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by NHman
OP, congrats and that's a nice build. I have on order the same color combination and originally had the BO package. Though I had the dealer remove it preferring the 19" V-spoke rims and aluminum trim with the Daytona Grey. In my opinion, either combination should look good.

BTW, since you have listed the Tech Pkg., you should have the Premium Plus. There's no Prestige Plus only Prestige (which comes with the Tech Pkg.).
I had a similar thought process. The daytona gray was the only color I would consider not getting in the black optics. It still has me torn but am comfortable with it. I also wanted the 18" wheels to use for snow tires. I ideally wanted to get a set of BBS CH-R II's for the summer with some extreme performance tires. I might try to see if someone would be interested in doing a swap for the stock 18's. Same goes for the mirrors. In almost all circumstances I like body color mirrors or the aluminum. For the gray I will most likely be getting the carbon fiber mirror caps. The europe BO has black mirrors.

Haha also yes "premium plus".
Old 06-09-2017, 08:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the update. I assume it will be the 6/22 date as the dealer is using the minimum date and the other order arrived on the minimum date as well.

Interesting that your production date is before mine but you are expecting to receive your car a month after mine. I assume the dealer is giving you the most conservative date and mine the optimistic. Seems my dealer expects the 6/22 based on experience. Where are you located? Mine will be coming to Pittsburgh.
That's probably the issue. I am in the LA area. The car is shipping to the Port of San Diego. I assume that the ship will be going through the Panama Canal which adds about a week I hear.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Current status update.

Car is on the "Cronus Leader" currently moored in the Port of Zeebrugge, Belgium.

ETA to the Port of San Diego, 7/10
Old 06-13-2017, 12:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I am on the "Viking Queen" ETA to Halifax 6/16 and Davisville 6/19. Felt like the 3 month wait went pretty fast up until I figured out what ship it's on. I can't even tell the boat is moving until I check the next day. Keep getting scared its stuck or taken over by pirates.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First Black Optic?