S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

S4/S5/S5 Sportback missing from audi.de

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default S4/S5/S5 Sportback missing from audi.de

I thought it was just a CDN caching issue, but I've tried on several computers/devices now. The S4, S5, and S5 Sportback are missing from the audi.de site. Cached Google links result in a 404.

Any speculation? None of my Audi of America colleagues seem to know, and the German ones are all sleeping.
Old 06-16-2017, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's strange. I tried other international sites and they are still in tact. I'm guessing they're probably just doing site updates on the S models and should be back online soon
Old 06-16-2017, 04:16 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Lots of rumours circulating on motor-talk.de which is the largest forum in Germany, but no official statement from Audi which is bizarre. It's been going on 3 days - it isn't a glitch.

Some have had feedback from Audi Customer Service that the S4 and all three S5 models can be ordered again from August. The speculation that seems most reasonable is that there is an engine supply issue for the new 3.0TFSI KoVoMo. Reason being the SQ5 is still available for order in Germany, so it cannot be a technical issue. Engines will have been stockpiled in Mexico for the SQ5. Maybe they need to send more over?

Excluding China, Germany is Audi's largest market, so I guess it makes sense for them to hold back one market whilst they get over the supply/demand issue? No other market seems to have been affected. Both my market and Austria, both of which are right next door, can still order S4/S5. Although my order for an S5 cabriolet was "blocked" a few weeks ago, but it is not standard and the factory advised they could not accept the order until August.

Still, to completely remove these 4 versions from the website, rather than just flag them as temporarily unavailable to configure seems a poor/weird decision. Added to that German customers still cannot order the new version of the TT RS and RS3, which is causing some unrest. At least they can buy an RS5!
Old 06-16-2017, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
Lots of rumours circulating on motor-talk.de which is the largest forum in Germany, but no official statement from Audi which is bizarre. It's been going on 3 days - it isn't a glitch.

Some have had feedback from Audi Customer Service that the S4 and all three S5 models can be ordered again from August. The speculation that seems most reasonable is that there is an engine supply issue for the new 3.0TFSI KoVoMo. Reason being the SQ5 is still available for order in Germany, so it cannot be a technical issue. Engines will have been stockpiled in Mexico for the SQ5. Maybe they need to send more over?

Excluding China, Germany is Audi's largest market, so I guess it makes sense for them to hold back one market whilst they get over the supply/demand issue? No other market seems to have been affected. Both my market and Austria, both of which are right next door, can still order S4/S5. Although my order for an S5 cabriolet was "blocked" a few weeks ago, but it is not standard and the factory advised they could not accept the order until August.

Still, to completely remove these 4 versions from the website, rather than just flag them as temporarily unavailable to configure seems a poor/weird decision. Added to that German customers still cannot order the new version of the TT RS and RS3, which is causing some unrest. At least they can buy an RS5!
I've heard similar things unofficially, but it's not like Audi to just remove all references. I wonder if there is something else at play?
Old 06-16-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is the "official answer" from Audi.de Facebook page (dated today June 16):

Old 06-16-2017, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks! I saw that, too. It doesn't answer why the vehicles are restricted, nor does it answer why they eliminated their existence in one singular market. The only other time I can think of something like this happening was Dieselgate, where, in a matter of hours, every reference to an Audi or VW diesel being "clean" was scrubbed - even on YouTube.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

^^

No, I think it is some sort of supply issue. Production has not stopped, German orders are still being delivered, just no new orders within Germany allowed until August.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

So, if you ordered an S4 a month ago and you are in the United States, no impact, correct?
Old 06-17-2017, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Super User

No impact in any market other than Germany.
Old 06-17-2017, 10:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
^^

No, I think it is some sort of supply issue. Production has not stopped, German orders are still being delivered, just no new orders within Germany allowed until August.
That makes the most sense as they probably have to catch up on parts manufacturing and sourcing other parts probably had longer lead times. Perhaps international orders were a lot more than anticipated.

Quick Reply: S4/S5/S5 Sportback missing from audi.de