Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Picked up New Q7 on the 19th of June then Back in the Shop on the 20th

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked up New Q7 on the 19th of June then Back in the Shop on the 20th

Picked up my new 2017 Q7 Prestige on the 6/19/2017. Next day, I got a warning light that the right headlight was not working. So I took it back to the dealership. Techs looked it over and couldn't figure out what was causing the problem and wanted to keep it overnight. So, it spent all of the 20th and most of the 21st in the shop. It's been fixed now...apparently some LED wire was not connected properly. Anyone else have this problem? While I'm pleased the the GM of the dealership got involved and delivered the fixed car back to me, I'm concerned that I had this problem on the second day of ownership. This is my first-ever Audi and first-ever German car. Hopefully not a harbinger of things to come.
Attached Thumbnails Picked up New Q7 on the 19th of June then Back in the Shop on the 20th-img_3028.jpg  
Old 06-21-2017, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

I wouldn't be too concerned at first. It might have just been a loose connection from the factory that was not caught since it was not triggering an error code at first. Now that it has been fixed, everything should be OK. Now, if you start having a lot more little things go wrong in the next few months, then I might start to worry.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Honestly, that sucks but it was minor and it could have had mechanical issues. Chalk it up to bad luck and forget about it. I have great German cars that didnt require more than an oil change, so its luck of the draw...
Old 06-21-2017, 05:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Luckily it was not anything major. I would just consider it as a minor annoyance and look forward to enjoying the days ahead!

Cheers.
Old 06-22-2017, 04:30 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Unfortunately things like things like this happen sometimes. And while it was an inconvenience, and not how you would have liked to begin your Q7 experience it was a minor issue.

Hopefully it will be "smooth sailing" from this point on. Now, as a few other members said, go and enjoy your new Q7...
Old 06-22-2017, 05:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I picked up my car at the beginning of the month and two days later it went back to dealership for a week while they fixed the "SOS Malfunction" issue. I got a 2015 Q7 to drive and was a bit nonplussed about the whole thing. They ended up replacing the entire harness front to back apparently. Audi thought a wire might have gotten pinched during the build.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lucky for you. When I got my car the parking light wasn't working. They had to order a new computer module from Germany and it took 6 weeks. It was sitting in the shop the entire time.
Old 06-23-2017, 03:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crownroyal
Lucky for you. When I got my car the parking light wasn't working. They had to order a new computer module from Germany and it took 6 weeks. It was sitting in the shop the entire time.
That sucks. Hopefully trouble free driving since then.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by randomwalker
That sucks. Hopefully trouble free driving since then.
Nope another control module went out after that. It controlled car seat memory, more of the convenience features. Another 3 weeks to get that module in.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Seems like a minor issue. I've had very good luck with Audis. Mercedes...that's another story. On our first GL450, the CEL came on as I was driving off the dealer lot. The dealership was embarrassed. All of our Mercedes had minor but irritating issues during the first year of ownership but once the bugs were worked out, they've been rock solid. The new Q7s seem to be reliable SUVs from what I'm reading and hearing. Enjoy the nice ride!

Quick Reply: Picked up New Q7 on the 19th of June then Back in the Shop on the 20th