Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 (lack of) MSRP negotiations. Extras?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RS3 (lack of) MSRP negotiations. Extras?

Well we all know we are paying what they ask , yes sir may I have another ...

But what if any extras has anyone been able to negotiate? I personally have scored the awesome sum and total of one (1) rubber trunk mat.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Micronaught
Well we all know we are paying what they ask , yes sir may I have another ...

But what if any extras has anyone been able to negotiate? I personally have scored the awesome sum and total of one (1) rubber trunk mat.
you shouldn't expect to negotiate extras in cars like this. They are rare and very limited in production. Meaning you are lucky to get one much less get freebies. I totally understand the urge to try and push free stuff onto your car, but that sort of thing belongs with the more generic versions, because they struggle to sell as many of those as possible. The RS3 is not a car that they will have a hard time selling all of. I know that just about everyone set to be produced for the next year or so is likely spoken for.

getting one without a dealer mark up is a huge accomplishment in its own right. The RS cars and the R8 are cars dealerships earn.

You can maybe negotiate a better service warranty, or some dealer installed options like some floor mats. But, getting any discount outside of MSRP for any RS is going to be very very difficult to do, because dealerships are not concerned with moving each and every one
Old 06-23-2017, 07:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

My dealer insisted I put it in writing that I would pay MSRP and not try to negotiate the price at all before they would accept my order. As for extras, I'd be happy if they threw in an Audi Sport license plate frame instead of the dealer frame, but to me it's not worth pushing for anything else.
Old 06-23-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't expect any discount at all, if you have a really good relationship with your dealership you may be able to get AudiCare for free. As for me, I'm trying to get a good trade-in value for my 2014 S4!
Old 06-23-2017, 02:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ended up with Audi care thrown in on my current 2014 S4, but was told that's not possible for this deal. They also don't have any pricing available and just assumed the RS7 cost of $1500 would apply .
Old 06-23-2017, 02:46 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Micronaught
I ended up with Audi care thrown in on my current 2014 S4, but was told that's not possible for this deal. They also don't have any pricing available and just assumed the RS7 cost of $1500 would apply .
AudiCare is $869 for the RS3
Old 06-24-2017, 07:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Hi

I just got a RS3 launch car, told it's at port and will/should release next week. I got it for MSRP minus 2 k including Audi Loyalty. So from what I am reading I did ok. I bought a SQ5 last year for my wife from same dealer and a 991 TTS from the next door Porsche dealer.

Excited to get this.
Old 06-24-2017, 09:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

We were able to negotiate an additional 2K total off the car! Took some work tho
Old 06-25-2017, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Does Audi Loyalty apply to the RS3? If it does, how much is it?
Thanks in advance.
Old 06-25-2017, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by cbpdpm
Does Audi Loyalty apply to the RS3? If it does, how much is it?
Thanks in advance.
It does not. The only Audi Sport model that has loyalty is the RS 7.

Quick Reply: RS3 (lack of) MSRP negotiations. Extras?