Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What kind of window tinting?

Old 06-23-2017, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default What kind of window tinting?

Guys, I know that's an open ended question, probably been posted thousands of times, just looking for a quick recommendation on like the most nuanced window tinting. Not that big into pitch black windows, really just want a little darker glass to make the car look kind of black and silver as a color combo. Thanks for any response!
Old 06-24-2017, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noragrets
Guys, I know that's an open ended question, probably been posted thousands of times, just looking for a quick recommendation on like the most nuanced window tinting. Not that big into pitch black windows, really just want a little darker glass to make the car look kind of black and silver as a color combo. Thanks for any response!
This is a very subjective question and people giving % opinions won't help you much. I hadn't settled on final tint until I found a good shop and went. They had plenty of examples in their parking lot to check out that helped me decide.
Mine is 30% all around with a black interior and looks pretty dark, especially the back because there's more seat and less light from the front. The front is also 20% and looks clear but filters UV out.

As far as type, definitely do a ceramic tint. Really helps reduce the amount of heat.
Attached Thumbnails What kind of window tinting?-img_20170614_125805.jpg  
Old 06-24-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I've done all my cars in 3M 35% tint...always seems to compliment the car without being hassled by the police.
Old 06-24-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Ceramic 45%-ish here.
Old 06-26-2017, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ceramic, 50% SunTek. Looks darker with black interior.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmorais
This is a very subjective question and people giving % opinions won't help you much. I hadn't settled on final tint until I found a good shop and went. They had plenty of examples in their parking lot to check out that helped me decide.
Mine is 30% all around with a black interior and looks pretty dark, especially the back because there's more seat and less light from the front. The front is also 20% and looks clear but filters UV out.

As far as type, definitely do a ceramic tint. Really helps reduce the amount of heat.
Your car is absolutely gorgeous!! I have the same specs on order, except I'm sticking with the alcantara seats (it's hot in Texas and I can't stomach the idea paying 60k for something that makes my butt sweat).

The only thing I would like to do differently is to have the front tint and rear tint look a little more uniform.. I assume that the factory glass comes with more tint than the front.

Anyone have suggestions on what percent I would need front and rear to have those tints match up (or come very close)?
Old 06-26-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ihatecats78
The only thing I would like to do differently is to have the front tint and rear tint look a little more uniform.. I assume that the factory glass comes with more tint than the front.

Anyone have suggestions on what percent I would need front and rear to have those tints match up (or come very close)?
The reason the front often looks lighter than the back is because of the interior and light from the front windshield/sunroof. Mine are 30% all around. I think the only way to accomplish having a very uniform look would be going *very* dark. But then you may have a visibility issue at night.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by mmorais
The reason the front often looks lighter than the back is because of the interior and light from the front windshield/sunroof. Mine are 30% all around. I think the only way to accomplish having a very uniform look would be going *very* dark. But then you may have a visibility issue at night.
Thanks.. Definitely not taking a shot at your vehicle. It would look amazing even if the windows were plastered with Insane Clown Posse stickers.
Old 06-26-2017, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ihatecats78
Thanks.. Definitely not taking a shot at your vehicle. It would look amazing even if the windows were plastered with Insane Clown Posse stickers.
haha I didn't think you were. I'm at the legal limit for Ontario so could not go darker...not that i would. I like this level.
Old 07-13-2017, 01:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Audphile
Ceramic, 50% SunTek. Looks darker with black interior.
Any chance you could post a pic.. I'm trying to decide between 35 and 50.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What kind of window tinting?