A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Any way to activate front/surround camera automatically?

Old 06-26-2017, 06:28 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any way to activate front/surround camera automatically?

anyone figure out the obd11 coding ?

''So, when backing up, the rear view and surround cameras come on automatically. But when I'm pulling into a parking space, only the ultrasonic sensors come on and not the front/surround cameras. Any way to do this?''
Old 06-27-2017, 01:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't really know, happens automatically on my Prestige. I guess check the MMI?
Old 06-27-2017, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Versprechen
Don't really know, happens automatically on my Prestige. I guess check the MMI?
What MMI version do you have?

My prestige acts same as OP. I have to manually hit the parking button to get the camera view.
Old 06-27-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not near the car now, it's 3/17 build, and I do remember having to select birds eye view as an option rather than just the image, but it all comes on automatically with an obstacle or when going forward or backing up.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Avandss
anyone figure out the obd11 coding ?

''So, when backing up, the rear view and surround cameras come on automatically. But when I'm pulling into a parking space, only the ultrasonic sensors come on and not the front/surround cameras. Any way to do this?''
Mine is set to have the birds eye view always on on the right side of the MMI whenever the cameras are on. The camera only comes on automatically when put into reverse and then shifts to a front view when shifting into drive. When driving slowly approaching a parking space, it doesn't automatically come on, probably for a good reason (while stuck in traffic). I actually think it came on once when I got really close to a car in front of me. I think the best idea would be if there was a button on the steering wheel which allowed you to turn the camera on (regardless of speed). My honda had a button on the turn signal stalk that allowed you to switch on the side view camera on the mirror at will. It came in handy on several occasions, especially when there was snow or rain obstructing the windows.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

There's P button on under the center console that will flip the camera's on.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:23 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just leased a 2017 B9 last month. And I'm having a similar issue, except with reverse camera. I could've sworn in the first few weeks whenever the parking/proximity sensors came on (regardless of reverse or drive), the rear view camera would come on. Now I have to press the P button off and on to get the rearview camera to work.
Old 06-29-2017, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blorzoga
I think the best idea would be if there was a button on the steering wheel which allowed you to turn the camera on (regardless of speed). My honda had a button on the turn signal stalk that allowed you to switch on the side view camera on the mirror at will.
Second that. My other car is a Honda too and love the side view camera button. I find it odd that Audi (or most other German makes) put the button so far away considered how often you use it.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

I do have to get close top something to get the entire view to show automatically (front on the left, overhead on right). So when it's triggered the whole thing shows. I press it manually when parking to avoid curbs (too low to register), the garage is immediate (makes sense). I think it's perception issue.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Versprechen
I do have to get close top something to get the entire view to show automatically (front on the left, overhead on right). So when it's triggered the whole thing shows. I press it manually when parking to avoid curbs (too low to register), the garage is immediate (makes sense). I think it's perception issue.
Not sure what settings you have on because the only time mine comes on is when I'm starting up in reverse.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any way to activate front/surround camera automatically?