Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Seeking Help: New Q7 back in repair the second day

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 06:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking Help: New Q7 back in repair the second day

Hi everyone,

This is my first Audi, and it is an inauspicious start. I purchased a prestige Q7 the day before yesterday. On the way home, my wife was shocked by a System Malfunction Warning sign that flashed. Then when she reached home, I saw a check engine light on. Now the car is back in repair, but today, I talked with the technician, who still has no idea what went wrong.

BTW, the dealership gave me a 2015 Q7 beater to drive, which is quite basic. I came to Audi from two mercedes in the past. Everytime I repair my mercedes, they loan me a contemporary higher model. I never saw a check engine lights on my mercedes, nor did it happen to the lexuses that my family members own.

At this point, I am quite disappointed. I don't know what kind of recourse do I have at this point? What kind of compensation is possible? Do you think I can have the car changed or even return it?

Best,
George
Old 07-12-2017, 08:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I think you're jumping the gun. Stuff happens and I'm sure the dealer will fix it.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is it unreasonable to ask for replacing the car with another one at this point?

It is extremely disappointing, and I don't have confidence whether the same problem will happen in the future.

George

Originally Posted by NABS4
I think you're jumping the gun. Stuff happens and I'm sure the dealer will fix it.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your states lemon laws. They will provide you with the steps you will need to take to replace the car by declaring it a lemon. Warning, it will take time to build a case.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Is it unreasonable if I want them to replace the car now? If not from a legal point of view, but from the perspesctive of common sense. I purchase the car, and the car showed concerning warning signs on my way home from the dealership. Isn't that something worthy of a car replacement?

Originally Posted by jmike52
Check your states lemon laws. They will provide you with the steps you will need to take to replace the car by declaring it a lemon. Warning, it will take time to build a case.
Old 07-13-2017, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by georgeqiao
Is it unreasonable if I want them to replace the car now? If not from a legal point of view, but from the perspesctive of common sense. I purchase the car, and the car showed concerning warning signs on my way home from the dealership. Isn't that something worthy of a car replacement?
yes it is unreasonable to expect a replacement on day 3,4 or 5 of ownership. How about you give the dealer a chance to rectify!
Old 07-13-2017, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Have had my car for 15 months, the System malfunction flashed once. I turned car off and back on and it went away. Never seen it since and have had no problems with car. SW and/or HW glitch, maybe a bug, no need to panic, IMHO.
Old 07-13-2017, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I understand your concern but I think you're being very unreasonable. New cars are basically a computer on wheels, one sensor or one plug that isn't happy can cause a little hiccup, let them fix it and be happy with your purchase.

Just my .02
Old 07-13-2017, 04:56 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

As frustrating as it is give them a chance to correct it, IMO it is probably a loose connection of some kind. And depending on how long they have it ask the GM to make your first payment as a "good will gesture".

Like you I also had two Mercedes in the past, a 2011 & 2012 ML350, and while you had no issues with yours I can tell you without hesitation that the 2011 ML was the worse vehicle I ever owned. The 2012 was better but IME it still left a lot to be desired in terms of build quality. So issues happen with every brand.

As far as the loaner vehicle goes, the type of vehicle usually depends on what the dealer has available at the time.. I will say I am kind of shocked that the dealer still has a 2015 as a loaner, usually around 8K or 9K miles the dealers put them up for sale, so for them to have a 2 year loaner is kind of unusual.
Old 07-13-2017, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by georgeqiao
Hi everyone,

This is my first Audi, and it is an inauspicious start. I purchased a prestige Q7 the day before yesterday. On the way home, my wife was shocked by a System Malfunction Warning sign that flashed. Then when she reached home, I saw a check engine light on. Now the car is back in repair, but today, I talked with the technician, who still has no idea what went wrong.

BTW, the dealership gave me a 2015 Q7 beater to drive, which is quite basic. I came to Audi from two mercedes in the past. Everytime I repair my mercedes, they loan me a contemporary higher model. I never saw a check engine lights on my mercedes, nor did it happen to the lexuses that my family members own.

At this point, I am quite disappointed. I don't know what kind of recourse do I have at this point? What kind of compensation is possible? Do you think I can have the car changed or even return it?

Best,
George
While I understand the desire to return the car since it is so new, once you sign the line and drive off, there is no way to return the car. You are panicking prematurely, let them fix it for you.

Quick Reply: Seeking Help: New Q7 back in repair the second day