Q3 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q3 SUV

When will Q3 be updated?

Old 07-13-2017, 03:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default When will Q3 be updated?

I am ready to buy a Q3. Should I wait for the updated model? When is the update due?
Old 07-14-2017, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Sometime after the 2018 model year.
Old 08-28-2017, 08:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We popped in our local Audi dealer over the weekend and first test drove the a Q3. Love the compact size for our city living, but really love the upgraded technology that the Q5s have. We asked our salesperson when the Q3 would get a refresh and were told the 2019 model will. I googled and came across an article announcing the redesign but looked like it was using a current interior picture. Hard to tell. I'd love for the Q3 to have the same new features, digital cockpit, etc. as the new Q5s but then our salesperson said then nobody would ever buy the Q5 lol.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 490 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by s0nginmyheart
We popped in our local Audi dealer over the weekend and first test drove the a Q3. Love the compact size for our city living, but really love the upgraded technology that the Q5s have. We asked our salesperson when the Q3 would get a refresh and were told the 2019 model will. I googled and came across an article announcing the redesign but looked like it was using a current interior picture. Hard to tell. I'd love for the Q3 to have the same new features, digital cockpit, etc. as the new Q5s but then our salesperson said then nobody would ever buy the Q5 lol.
Spring 2018 in Germany. Finally, the Q3 moves to MQB, which gives it access to all the latest systems. And also means it will be built in Gyor, rather than in the SEAT facility in Spain.

There will be an S version and an RS version, although whether the US gets these, who knows. What is very interesting, if correct, is that both the S and the RS will use the 2.5 litre 5 cylinder engine. The SQ3 will use a 340hp tune (same as the original RS Q3 version, which was a crazy little thing), with the new RS Q3 using the 400hp tune per the latest RS3/TT RS.

According to a recent report in AMS in Germany, there is a significant upgrade to the interior with VC and HUD available as an upgrade option, and also with driver aids / technology. But not autonomous driving tech.

Audi, like all the German manufacturers, are very careful to manage the hierarchy of their cars. It is not just the size that increases, but the features and perceived quality also have to be a step up. But the current gap between the two models should shrink significantly. The new SQ3 could be amazing. But probably not in the US until the end of next year, earliest.

Neuer Audi Q3 (2018): Erste Daten, Preise, Marktstart - AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT
Old 08-28-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

2019 Audi Q3 Test Driver Smiles For The Spy Camera - Motor1.com
Old 08-28-2017, 10:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by s0nginmyheart
I'd love for the Q3 to have the same new features, digital cockpit, etc. as the new Q5s but then our salesperson said then nobody would ever buy the Q5 lol.
That's not true. Why do people buy A4s when the A3 has the same technology available?
Old 08-28-2017, 10:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Yeah that's kind of a dumb thing for the salesperson to say....maybe because the Q5 has notably more interior space and a larger cargo hold!?!? Most premium manufacturers have almost a majority of the tech features available on any model, regardless of size....hence the key is that size (or a different styling) determines what people buy.
Old 10-30-2017, 07:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm following this closely - I'm astounded at the lack of a couple basics in the Q3. The deal-killer for the wife is no heated steering wheel. She absolutely doesn't want a Q5 (too big) and absolutely demands a heated steering wheel. I've asked the dealer about any sort of custom solution (i.e. OEM mod??) but they literally just searched the internet and said no.

1) Is there some solution I am missing? Anyone??
2) Thoughts - When are the specs going to be finalized for the 2018 Q3? I.e., if I can keep her from buying the Mazda for 4 months, will the specs for the Q3 be out (is there a freaking heated steering wheel??)

I just figured out this European delivery thing. That looks absolutely fantastic!
Old 10-30-2017, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

That should have read "When will the 2019 Specs be finalized?"
Old 11-07-2017, 04:57 PM
bpp
AudiWorld Super User

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by haveitall
I'm following this closely - I'm astounded at the lack of a couple basics in the Q3. The deal-killer for the wife is no heated steering wheel. She absolutely doesn't want a Q5 (too big) and absolutely demands a heated steering wheel. I've asked the dealer about any sort of custom solution (i.e. OEM mod??) but they literally just searched the internet and said no.

1) Is there some solution I am missing? Anyone??
2) Thoughts - When are the specs going to be finalized for the 2018 Q3? I.e., if I can keep her from buying the Mazda for 4 months, will the specs for the Q3 be out (is there a freaking heated steering wheel??)

I just figured out this European delivery thing. That looks absolutely fantastic!
Same problem existed with the Q5. Patience Grasshopper and you will be awarded as the next gen Q3 will have more bells and whistles than you'll need. .02

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: When will Q3 be updated?