Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Got front plate removed and filled for free

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Got front plate removed and filled for free

I told my sales guy I wanted front plate removed and filled and acted dumb about what process is and parts required. They were like "Oh you need a part for that" and I acted surprised and they ordered it and installed it this morning for free. All in all I am happy especially since didn't have to pay or do anything. I overheard the service guy saying they would charge it to the new car department. Works for me. Lol.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:28 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I've already instructed my dealer NO FRONT PLATE and they added 6W9-DELETE Front License Plate Holder to my order.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha...too funny! When I got mine I told my dealer that I didn't want the front license plate attached (which it was), so they had a filler plate available and swapped it out for free in turn for a 100% survey when it comes via email. I was already going to do this since the dealership I was working with was awesome.

I bought the vehicle sight unseen and everything was done via email and phone. Great service!
Old 07-14-2017, 01:27 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
I've already instructed my dealer NO FRONT PLATE and they added 6W9-DELETE Front License Plate Holder to my order.
Smart. Yeah this was a dealer demo so already had the front plate bracket.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine came with the plate delete option. Upon delivery I had to sign a paper stating I knew a front plate was required by law and I was choosing to buy without a front plate mount.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 3cat
Mine came with the plate delete option. Upon delivery I had to sign a paper stating I knew a front plate was required by law and I was choosing to buy without a front plate mount.
Probably same requirement here in California,completely takes the dealership out of the equation.
Old 07-22-2017, 11:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Probably same requirement here in California,completely takes the dealership out of the equation.
Has anyone had any luck with an alternative mount? I used a tow hook mount on my R but I know that will block the sensors on the S5. Front plates are required here in WA and I don't want to be a sitting duck for a ticket, but I hate the way the front plate looks installed mid grille
Old 07-23-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by TangoSierra5
Has anyone had any luck with an alternative mount? I used a tow hook mount on my R but I know that will block the sensors on the S5. Front plates are required here in WA and I don't want to be a sitting duck for a ticket, but I hate the way the front plate looks installed mid grille...
I hear you...follow along here, this is the best looking solution.
I've already reached out to them and they are working on seeing if the previous generation A5/S5 bracket will work on the 2018's...I'll be going this route when my car arrives.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...acket-2920532/
Old 07-23-2017, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Free... nice. I ordered the filler from VA Beach Audi since it was on sale. The connector prices surprised me, as if the filler has additional sensors.

I'll need a front plate solution for quick application when parking in SF. I normally park in garages, so not much of a problem at the moment since I rarely go into SF. We can take the truck if street parking is expected.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I hear you...follow along here, this is the best looking solution.
I've already reached out to them and they are working on seeing if the previous generation A5/S5 bracket will work on the 2018's...I'll be going this route when my car arrives.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...acket-2920532/
yep ive seen this one in a few forums. Don't love the drilling aspect but it might be worth it

Quick Reply: Got front plate removed and filled for free