S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

Top View Camera Glitch?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 11:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Top View Camera Glitch?

Hey Everyone,
I am wondering if anyone else is dealing with this same minor headache as me.

I have an S4 prestige with the parking system plus..
When parking assist is on (backing up in reverse or by manual activation), I have it set to display the camera on the left of the screen and the top view on the right.

But for some reason after a restart it will continue to go back to the original set up of: Camera in the left and only optical parking sensor view on the right.

It seams the top view glitches back to the usual optical sensor view. I have gone into the settings and keep changing it to show top view camera view but it keeps glitching back after the car restarts.

I was wondering if anyone else has notified this. Is it a bug? Or maybe just that Audi doesn't want us to enjoy the 360 top view by default and have to continue to select it.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the same set-up and the top view camera stays on the right, I don't have to keep re-setting it to be that way.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 42 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Johndefiore
I have the same set-up and the top view camera stays on the right, I don't have to keep re-setting it to be that way.
My S4 works like yours, John. My wife's top-view has to be "turned on" every time. If you don't it defaults to back or front camera on the left side of the screen and "parktronic" sensor array display (but not including the stitched view) on the right.

I thought it was the SQ5's design (software). The S4 works always showing the "around view" or top-view on the right and the front or rear camera on the left.

Must be a setting somewhere.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by markcincinnati
My S4 works like yours, John. My wife's top-view has to be "turned on" every time. If you don't it defaults to back or front camera on the left side of the screen and "parktronic" sensor array display (but not including the stitched view) on the right.

I thought it was the SQ5's design (software). The S4 works always showing the "around view" or top-view on the right and the front or rear camera on the left.

Must be a setting somewhere.
OK, so perhaps this is an MMi Glitch. I have confirmed the settings and it still will occasional revert pack to optical sensor view only.

There is no particular pattern. And it appears to revert back at random.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Once the setting is selected in the MMI it should stay selected. I guess check with the dealer if they have a software build date later than yours and they should be able to update and fix this.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Versprechen
Once the setting is selected in the MMI it should stay selected. I guess check with the dealer if they have a software build date later than yours and they should be able to update and fix this.
I posted about this elsewhere a while back. My birdseye view would switch back by itself about 2/3 of the time. Locked, unlocked, MMI on, MMI off, still would switch to graphic view. Took my car in to Service and was informed that my phone was the problem. I have since changed phones and the camera is working 98% of the time. MMI electronics are finicky. I used to have a rear facing crash cam after a hit and run rear end 2 A4's ago. Camera was causing all kinds of problems.

Crossing my fingers that new phone will fix everything including dropped calls (about which there are a ton of posts).
Old 09-13-2017, 01:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What do you mean your phone was the problem?
Old 09-13-2017, 03:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I changed the setting FROM graphic to camera and all's been well. I'm sorry I can't get to the car this minute, but the fix (assuming it is NOT the phone) is in the owner's manual.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is cryptic. You changed the setting and it stuck? How?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:19 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by ibu11et
This is cryptic. You changed the setting and it stuck? How?
#1 Start the car
#2 Put the gear selector in R
#3 When the backup camera comes on move the wheel in the middle of the console to the right (do NOT turn the wheel)
#4 A new screen will appear
#5 Item number 3 is a drop down, it allows you to select Camera or Graphic

Select Camera.

Move the selector (rotating the wheel) to END SYSTEM.

Take the car out of reverse.

Change the radio to another station -- it doesn't matter which, the back up camera screen will disappear.

Shift the car back in R, the camera view will show on the right ONE THIRD of the screen (it will be the top view).

I just sat in the car to write this -- I have tried it three times, switching to camera, then graphic then back to camera.

It sticks.

I love doing this kind of thing -- but it IS in the owner's manual.

Quick Reply: Top View Camera Glitch?