Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Is it True? Radio turns itself on!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is it True? Radio turns itself on!

No, it can't be true. My radio turns on every time I start the car. I have tried turning it off prior to shut down but it still comes on when you start the car. I have tried turning it down but it still comes on at a louder volume.

I heard that this cannot be overridden. Is that true......it just can't be.

Thanks,

Scot
Old 07-19-2017, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scotstern
No, it can't be true. My radio turns on every time I start the car. I have tried turning it off prior to shut down but it still comes on when you start the car. I have tried turning it down but it still comes on at a louder volume.

Thanks,

Scot
That does not sound right.

If I turn the radio off before shutting down the car, the radio stays off when I start the car the next time.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

How do you turn the radio off?? You mean mute the volume? I haven't noticed what mine does but will check it out.

Back in the day you'd turn the **** left past the resistance point to really turn off the radio. Hehe
Old 07-20-2017, 04:31 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
How do you turn the radio off?? You mean mute the volume? I haven't noticed what mine does but will check it out.

Back in the day you'd turn the **** left past the resistance point to really turn off the radio. Hehe
Press the small ****/button on center console once it mutes, hold it for 3 to 5 seconds and radio turns off.
Old 07-20-2017, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Thanks,

Scot
There is a corruption in the flux capacitor that's causing analog displacement in phase modulation. By resetting the interface we can get rid off the phased fragmentation of linear impedance and achieve secondary cohesion of temporal distortion.

.... just try MMI reset first. ;-)
Old 07-20-2017, 10:01 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gsobol
There is a corruption in the flux capacitor that's causing analog displacement in phase modulation. By resetting the interface we can get rid off the phased fragmentation of linear impedance and achieve secondary cohesion of temporal distortion.

.... just try MMI reset first. ;-)
lolol nice
Old 07-20-2017, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by JT4
Press the small ****/button on center console once it mutes, hold it for 3 to 5 seconds and radio turns off.
Did that but that turns of the MMI. There appears to be no way to actually turn off the radio and that is really annoying. Muting is fine but then when you restart the car the radio is playing loud. A real design flaw in my opinion. This seems to exist in all Audi's not just the Q7.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It turns out I am not so dumb. This is a well-known flaw in our cars. I can not believe that this has not been addressed before. Please look at the link https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...o-off-2880040/ and if you read down to page three you will be totally informed. There is simply no way to turn just the radio off! I love this car and while I find this really annoying, overall I understand the excellence of the Q7. On this issue, the Lexus out performs the Audi as I can turn my radio off! In the business world this is sometimes important.

Last edited by scotstern; 07-20-2017 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

It turns out I am not so dumb. This is a well-known flaw in our cars. I can not believe that this has not been addressed before. Please look at the link https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q5-...o-off-2880040/ and if you read down to page three you will be totally informed. There is simply no way to turn just the radio off! I love this car and while I find this really annoying, overall I understand the excellence of the Q7. On this issue, the Lexus out performs the Audi as I can turn my radio off! In the business world this is sometimes important.
​​​​​I have found that by going to media choosing the aux in port, with nothing plugged in there... Silence.

-Jeff
Old 07-21-2017, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does the volume stay the same? If so, turn it down all the way. Or do what ^Jeff mentioned.

Quick Reply: Is it True? Radio turns itself on!