Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

EPL Stage 1!! :) .... now engine codes?? :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EPL Stage 1!! :) .... now engine codes?? :(

So I recently got the EPL Stage 1 flash on my 2012 A6 3.0T Prestige. I loved the performance boost but then my CEL popped up.
Has anyone else has engine codes thrown after a Stage 1 flash? Is this common or something I need to be concerned about?
Using a generic odb2 reader I got P0069 and P0235. I cleared both codes and hoping they don't return.

Old 07-22-2017, 08:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I haven't heard of any codes after a stage one tune. Flash back to stock to see if they return and/or give EPL a call.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

I get the exact codes every once in a while since i put an intake on...do you have an intake?

Boost Pressure
P0235 00 [096] - Regulation Range not Reached

MAP/MAF <-> Throttle Position Correlation
P0068 00 [096] - -

I emailed Chris/Tony, they said just to clear the codes and don't worry.

I have seen where folks have put the stock intake back on and codes never reappeared.
Old 07-24-2017, 07:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Yeah, I do have the Injen intake. I got that a few weeks before the tune, but hadn't seen any codes until after the ECU flash. I'm relieved to know it's not related to the flash. So as far as you know, are there any negative effects related to these codes? I'd rather remove the intake rather than potentially do any damage to the engine.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am taking the dont worry path...I seem to remember reading over at the B8 S4 forum that this was common on the S4's as well and had something to due with the increased/better flow of the intake VS the stock one when combined with a tune/increased boost.

The car is reading data points that it had never read before regarding flow and boost which are likely out of what it considers "normal"...thus codes...

Now if the CEL ever comes on and blinks or car goes into limp mode that is another story.
Old 08-11-2017, 07:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

I had a CEL pop yesterday...was planning to do emissions today...cleared codes and drove about 50 miles and passed emissions today. I emailed Chris my vcds log yesterday as well. Today they uploaded a new stage 1 file for me to try. Flashed it but haven't driven yet...I will stress test it tomorrow and see what happens.

Originally Posted by baller46
So I recently got the EPL Stage 1 flash on my 2012 A6 3.0T Prestige. I loved the performance boost but then my CEL popped up.
Has anyone else has engine codes thrown after a Stage 1 flash? Is this common or something I need to be concerned about?
Using a generic odb2 reader I got P0069 and P0235. I cleared both codes and hoping they don't return.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dc2002
I had a CEL pop yesterday...was planning to do emissions today...cleared codes and drove about 50 miles and passed emissions today. I emailed Chris my vcds log yesterday as well. Today they uploaded a new stage 1 file for me to try. Flashed it but haven't driven yet...I will stress test it tomorrow and see what happens.
Yeah I didn't pass emissions because I cleared the code but didn't driven the car long enough. I hope that new flash works for you, if so I'll have to get mine updated. Keep us posted... Thx!
Old 08-12-2017, 05:02 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I you clear your codes you have to make sure the "readiness" code is set for before you take it in for the test. If not they will know you just cleared the codes and have driven all the various scenarios required to set the readiness code.

https://www.obdautodoctor.com/scanto...tors-explained
Old 08-12-2017, 10:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by HiTEC
I you clear your codes you have to make sure the "readiness" code is set for before you take it in for the test. If not they will know you just cleared the codes and have driven all the various scenarios required to set the readiness code.

https://www.obdautodoctor.com/scanto...tors-explained
Yup was running vcds in the parking lot to make sure I got the readiness ok
Old 08-13-2017, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by dc2002
Yup was running vcds in the parking lot to make sure I got the readiness ok
That's funny!

Quick Reply: EPL Stage 1!! :) .... now engine codes?? :(