A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

2017 A4 with 360 Parking Assist - Parking in Garage

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 A4 with 360 Parking Assist - Parking in Garage

Anyone figure out how to get the damn car to stop beeping at me when I park my car in my garage? I know I'm close on both sides...I don't need the beep the entire time (when I come home late at night with my kids sleeping in the back seats it wakes them up every time...I can park outside now since the weather is nice, but winters in Canada aren't the best and I want to figure this out earlier rather than later)
Old 07-25-2017, 12:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hit the Parking button under the HVAC (it will be lit on that bottom row if buttons) to shut it off.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

When the parking system is active (next time you go into reverse, pull into the garage, or press the "P" button), go into the option menu by pressing the right control button, and then uncheck "activate automatically".
Old 07-25-2017, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can adjust the volume of the beeping in the MMI
Old 07-25-2017, 05:10 PM
VM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Versprechen
Hit the Parking button under the HVAC (it will be lit on that bottom row if buttons) to shut it off.
But that will turn off the cameras too...
Old 07-25-2017, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
When the parking system is active (next time you go into reverse, pull into the garage, or press the "P" button), go into the option menu by pressing the right control button, and then uncheck "activate automatically".
This is the best solution for the OP. Lower, or turn off completely, the audible beeps for the parking system. Use the display and your best judgment to park the vehicle.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
thanks! will try that next time i go into the garage! (will likely forget any other time i park as it doesn't annoy me at all enough to trigger my frustration!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have the same problem. The one-car garage attached to my 1939 home is narrow and confined. So it sets off the alarms when I drive and park in the garage. I have a marker tape both front and side and if I negotiate the car such that, in my line of sight, the top of the hood reaches the top of the tape I am fine. Yes the parking alarms will go off. I just turn parking assist off at the parking button to stop the alarms. One of the difficulties of an older home in a historic neighborhood is that 80 years ago few families had cars and very few had more than one. hence small garages. Since I walk to my lab I rarely need a car for work. But it sure is fun driving the new A4 on secondary roads.

I have a 2400 mile road trip planned and I will avoid the interstates and take fun roads. The navigation function allows you to avoid highways and thus will give directions to secondary federal or state roads. I always keep an updated U.S. road atlas in the car just to make sure the navigation is giving me reasonable directions. For enjoyable road trips I download audio books from my public library web site onto a SDHD chip and play audio books while driving. You can set the sound quality and levels so that the reader's voice is not "boomy". On these roads I see few cars and very few trucks (they are on the interstate) and I do not have to activate traffic jam assist. The small towns, their cafe's and more relaxed lifestyle gives a great view of Americana. Oh yes gas mileage is great at 60 mph, but the real fun is on twisty roads and pushing the A4. This is my first automatic transmission after decades of driving a manual transmission and I am very impressed with the quick shifts of the dual clutch transmission and the difference between the comfort and dynamic settings. So far this B9 A4 substantially exceeds that of my past B8 A4.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Prof
I have the same problem. The one-car garage attached to my 1939 home is narrow and confined. So it sets off the alarms when I drive and park in the garage. I have a marker tape both front and side and if I negotiate the car such that, in my line of sight, the top of the hood reaches the top of the tape I am fine.
When I was growing up the standard solution was a tennis ball suspended from a string; when the ball touches the windscreen you're exactly far enough into the garage. Haven't seen much of that these days.

Not as high-tech as the 360 camera view, which still is enough of an illusion to be impressive. A friend jokingly asked me the other day if I had a drone above the car to help with parking