Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Emergency / warning triangle on Sportback

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 146 Likes on 100 Posts
Default Emergency / warning triangle on Sportback

I have the chance to get parts delivered from Germany in a couple weeks, but as my S5 SB has been sitting at Houston port for two weeks I need community help on this one..... I'd like to add the emergency triangle to the underside of the hatch as is standard in Europe. Can people verify (or not) that the cutout is there on US vehicles, and if so, is the same shape as the B8 S4. Here is the install write-up with pics for reference:
AudiEnthusiasts Emergency Triangle

If it's the same then I know the part numbers, and I might be able to get a triangle and bracket sourced from a German junkyard at low cost.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by JLoft
I have the chance to get parts delivered from Germany in a couple weeks, but as my S5 SB has been sitting at Houston port for two weeks I need community help on this one..... I'd like to add the emergency triangle to the underside of the hatch as is standard in Europe. Can people verify (or not) that the cutout is there on US vehicles, and if so, is the same shape as the B8 S4. Here is the install write-up with pics for reference:

If it's the same then I know the part numbers, and I might be able to get a triangle and bracket sourced from a German junkyard at low cost.
Someone picked up an S5 SB on European delivery. You can see emergency triangle mounted in the car.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-20-a-2924546/
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by lowjdml
Someone picked up an S5 SB on European delivery. You can see emergency triangle mounted in the car.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...-20-a-2924546/
That photo is the trunk of an A8 - presumably Audi picked them up and took them to the Ingolstadt forum.

For the OP, I'll look at my S5 SB later and see what and where the emergency triangle is - haven't noticed it so far, but I'm not sure it is in the hatchback

I suspect it is the front (close to the seats) storage section in the trunk floor, where the tools are stored.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:18 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 491 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by JLoft

It is attached to the inside of the left side flap in the trunk. See photos below. It is a Gebra Trimicro part, you will see the model number on the second photo. I believe some Mercedes and Jaguar models may use the same part - Gebra are a large German OEM supplier of reflectors.

You will need to check that the storage channel exists on the rear side of the side flap (I doubt whether Audi make a separate version, so it probably does). Frankly, I would not waste too much time trying to source this. There are plenty of spaces to store a collapsible warning triangle (with some Velcro tape) which you can get off eBay or similar.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Glisse
It is attached to the inside of the left side flap in the trunk. See photos below. It is a Gebra Trimicro part, you will see the model number on the second photo. I believe some Mercedes and Jaguar models may use the same part - Gebra are a large German OEM supplier of reflectors.

You will need to check that the storage channel exists on the rear side of the side flap (I doubt whether Audi make a separate version, so it probably does). Frankly, I would not waste too much time trying to source this. There are plenty of spaces to store a collapsible warning triangle (with some Velcro tape) which you can get off eBay or similar.

Thanks!! Can someone in the US just pop open that storage flap on their sportback to verify it's the same?
Old 07-26-2017, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Bump because I'm hoping that someone in the US with a sportback can run outside to their car and see if it has that bracket to hold the triangle on the flap as in the pics above. Thanks.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

I can confirm that it does.
Old 07-26-2017, 07:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by njspeedfreak
I can confirm that it does.
Thanks. I appreciate it. I know it's a little thing, but have a chance to get it right.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Glisse
That photo is the trunk of an A8 - presumably Audi picked them up and took them to the Ingolstadt forum.

For the OP, I'll look at my S5 SB later and see what and where the emergency triangle is - haven't noticed it so far, but I'm not sure it is in the hatchback

I suspect it is the front (close to the seats) storage section in the trunk floor, where the tools are stored.
Thanks for the correction. Sorry for the misinformation.
Old 08-03-2017, 06:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Canadian A5SB did not come with the triangle where it should be.

I'll check behind the wheel where the jack tools are to see if they put it there.

Quick Reply: Emergency / warning triangle on Sportback