Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Anyone think A5 SB sport seats are too firm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 08:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone think A5 SB sport seats are too firm?

I've had my SB for two months, and love it. It came with S-Line option (as all of the dealer's models did), which includes sport seats. It think they are comfortable, but on the firm side. Doesn't bother me when driving around town on short trips, but if I take a drive of an hour or more, my posterior feels it as I exit the car, and it even gives me a stiff back on occasion.

I wonder if others think the sport seat is firm or uncomfortable? Again, I think it is comfortable, but my butt feels it after an hour of sitting. Maybe I should have gotten the standard seat, but that would have meant custom ordering without S-Line and waiting for months. My Florett Silver model has rock grey seats and it's beautiful, IMO.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

Same seat as in the TT....and I agree with you. I love the seat and the looks of it, but on a long drive that's lasts a few hours I begin to get a bit uncomfortable and sometimes even a little soreness from the seat being overly stiff. It's not terrible, but I'm not sure why it's necessary to be this hard. Coming from a Volvo I guess I was used to the industry's best seats, and they certainly were more comfortable on long drives. Seems like Audi is using these seats all across the lineup now.
Old 07-25-2017, 09:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I figured that other Audi models are using this same sport seat. Now I'm wondering if there is an aftermarket seat cushion that's custom fittted to these seats that I could use on longer trips. Anyone know?
Old 07-26-2017, 03:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

They're fine for me.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

i have the S line package and ventilated seats in my a5 sb, not sure about firmness (anything is better than what I had), but i wish these seats had side bolsters on them to kind of keep you in position better...
Old 07-26-2017, 07:47 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

They are comfty for me, especially with the seat warmer turned on if my back starts hurting on long trips.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's a great shot, N8! Maybe I'm overly sensitive to firm seats on long drives. I'm 63, and have tender hips, buttocks, and lower back. Doesn't take much to throw them out of whack, unfortunately.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:36 AM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RockedUp
That's a great shot, N8! Maybe I'm overly sensitive to firm seats on long drives. I'm 63, and have tender hips, buttocks, and lower back. Doesn't take much to throw them out of whack, unfortunately.
Do you have heated seats? Because that makes a world of difference for sciatica sufferers and might help the hips.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I do have heated seats but would rather not use them this time of year. I've lost a lot of muscle mass in my posterior as I've gotten older, and thus have less natural cushioning in my body. Can actually feel bone on seat after an hour or so, and that's what irritates me. As I mentioned upthread, I may need to find a good seat cushion.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I did order ventilated seats, since it does get a little warm in TX, but now am wondering how these seats will feel on a long trip between, say Dallas and Austin, which is not something I gave much thought to on a 15 min test drive.

For those who have driven with passengers in the rear seats, what do they say about comfort on a long drive?

Quick Reply: Anyone think A5 SB sport seats are too firm?