TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

Auto Body Shop in Chicago Area

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2017, 10:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Body Shop in Chicago Area

I had a small accident couple months ago with a taxi driver....he hit the rear left area around the tire ( I don't know how you call that area).
I've got an estimate from two auto body shops.

The first one has very good reviews and the guy told me that this part is not from aluminum and it's very hard to fix it. Price: $1300

The other place is where the driver's insurance send me. He didn't told me anything particular. Price: $600

Any thoughts/suggestions????
Old 07-27-2017, 12:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D3M3TR3S
I had a small accident couple months ago with a taxi driver....he hit the rear left area around the tire ( I don't know how you call that area).

The first one has very good reviews and the guy told me that this part is not from aluminum and it's very hard to fix it. Price: $1300

The other place is where the driver's insurance send me. He didn't told me anything particular. Price: $600

Contact your insurance agent. Tell him to deal with the other insurance company, and that you want to choose the shop and Audi-sourced replacement parts.
Old 07-28-2017, 06:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Contact your insurance agent. Tell him to deal with the other insurance company, and that you want to choose the shop and Audi-sourced replacement parts.
The insurance of the taxi driver, already send me the $600. It's done.
I just need recommendations of auto body shop
Old 07-31-2017, 09:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just had my 2016 TT repaired after this guy (who was obviously texting) rear-ended me at a stop light. I took my car to Gold Coast Auto as it was referred to by FJ. They did a great job - everything looks good as new, but IMO there was a lack of communication. I had to reach out on several occasions to get the status but other than that, I'm happy with the outcome.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ChicagoTT72
I just had my 2016 TT repaired after this guy (who was obviously texting) rear-ended me at a stop light. I took my car to Gold Coast Auto as it was referred to by FJ. They did a great job - everything looks good as new, but IMO there was a lack of communication. I had to reach out on several occasions to get the status but other than that, I'm happy with the outcome.
Originally Posted by ChicagoTT72

My x-boss while he was reversing with his car, he "touch" my front grill and 2-3 clips were broke from inside, so my grill is a bit loose. My first question was at Fletcher Jones which they refer me the Gold Cost Auto shop.
They estimate the whole damage $1700, including detaching of my head lights, attaching, calibrating etc.
Then I checked the reviews on yelp.
VEEEERY BAD!!!!
And Gold Coast it's across the street from Fletcher Jones (how convenient!!!!)

....while the Albany auto shop, has VERY GOOD reviews and their estimate were $200.

I just want a second opinion cause the grill it's not the one I wanna fix and thats why I'm asking for second opinion.
Old 08-03-2017, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you didn't sign anything, it's not done. The body shop can request an adjustment and like what someone else said, you're insurance company, if they're legit, should go to bat for you. My insurance company fought for me in an accident at a 4 way stop that wasn't my fault. Unexpectedly, months later, they returned my deductible because they had proven that the accident wasn't my fault.

The insurance of the taxi driver, already send me the $600. It's done.
I just need recommendations of auto body shop
Old 08-05-2017, 11:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by f1point0
If you didn't sign anything, it's not done.
Even if I accept the cheque???
Old 08-06-2017, 12:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you cashed the check then yes, that's like signing and acknowledging the settlement. If you received the check without requesting it and haven't cashed it, then that's different.