Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Prestige Order Delivery Time

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Prestige Order Delivery Time

I am just curious how long Prestige owners waiting for their car to be delivered. If I decide to get it I am hoping to have one late December/early January.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

90-120days

ordered mine mid June and it should arrive early September. Being built middle of august
Old 07-28-2017, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That's about right. I ordered mine at the end of May so roughly the beginning of June and mine is scheduled to be built next week.

However a lot of these timelines also depends on the allocations your dealer has available. Meaning let's say you go order one today. If your dealer was given an allocation for that vehicle then your order will get processed and marked sold. On the other hand if there won't be an allocation given until next month or later then your order will sit in a waiting status.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Maybebuyaudi
I am just curious how long Prestige owners waiting for their car to be delivered. If I decide to get it I am hoping to have one late December/early January.
It depends on an allocation. Check with a few local dealers to see if they have one available soon. I placed mine in late May once DAP was available, it should be in at the end of next month.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
It depends on an allocation. Check with a few local dealers to see if they have one available soon. I placed mine in late May once DAP was available, it should be in at the end of next month.
Is the allocation per dealer based on the size or the dealer, i.e., the more vehicles they sell per year the more Prestige models they are allocated. Thanks
Old 07-28-2017, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by auntrout
Is the allocation per dealer based on the size or the dealer, i.e., the more vehicles they sell per year the more Prestige models they are allocated. Thanks
Logically, dealers with higher volumes should get more allocations to keep up with their demand - but definitely don't quote me on that.. Don't recall when I ordered whether there were individual allocations for Prestige vs P+ (but no prestiges were on any lots in the area, tons of P+).
Old 07-28-2017, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

If you order DAP there is a slow down. Mine is 2 weeks delayed now. I had a week 29 date with an eta of prod complete on 7/21. I found out yesterday that the car is still not built, and now has a 8/4 prod complete date. Dealer eta is mid Sept.

FYI my order was placed 5/9.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by havery
If you order DAP there is a slow down. Mine is 2 weeks delayed now. I had a week 29 date with an eta of prod complete on 7/21. I found out yesterday that the car is still not built, and now has a 8/4 prod complete date. Dealer eta is mid Sept.

What are your car specs? Mine with DAP is right on time. Ordered on 5/19 build week 30 (this week)
Old 07-28-2017, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by havery

OUCH! Guess both of ours are now scheduled to complete on 8/4.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by NeedMoreHP
What are your car specs? Mine with DAP is right on time. Ordered on 5/19 build week 30 (this week)
@needmorehp

Nothing special; azores green, adaptive damping, warm weather and DAP.

Quick Reply: Prestige Order Delivery Time