Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV
View Poll Results: Audi Care Worth Getting?
Yes
82.35%
No
17.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

AudiCare worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2017, 11:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AudiCare worth it?

Anyone here recommend getting Audi care? I'm a car guy and I usually do most of my own maintenance.
Old 08-02-2017, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Also a car guy and don't beleive I will get Audi care. It basically only includes oil changes, a few brake flushes and inspections. Anything they find in inspection you have to pay extra for unless it's under warranty. I will be doing oil changes aroundevery 6k myself anyways. (10k is way to long to wait! Yes it's possible but boy does that oil look dirty!)

i would only get it if they included it in the deal.
Old 08-02-2017, 04:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the general consensus is that if you do the work yourself, it's not worth it, and if you don't do the work yourself, it is worth it.
Old 08-02-2017, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If youre getting a new car....why not? Free oil changes and anything additional is covered under factory warranty. Headache free for 'x' years. (depending how many miles you put on it in a year) Sounds like a good deal to me.
I just got me a new one....and got Audi Care as well.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1stQ5
If youre getting a new car....why not? Free oil changes and anything additional is covered under factory warranty. Headache free for 'x' years. (depending how many miles you put on it in a year) Sounds like a good deal to me.
I just got me a new one....and got Audi Care as well.
Free oil changes? You pay about $1000 CDN for this service which covers I think 4 oil changes depending on your mileage. I would rather pay for them as I need them rather than give the dealership my money up front. I am also a low mileage driver so it would not be worth it in my case, as I can go with annual changes for the 6000 km or so I put on in a year.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by pgi007
Free oil changes? You pay about $1000 CDN for this service which covers I think 4 oil changes depending on your mileage. I would rather pay for them as I need them rather than give the dealership my money up front. I am also a low mileage driver so it would not be worth it in my case, as I can go with annual changes for the 6000 km or so I put on in a year.
Youre right, in your case I wouldnt get it.

In my situation where I do put 20k kms per year on average and each oil change costs 200-250.....there is no difference in $$ amounts for me. (other than the Audi Care has a time limit) I simply view it as a no headache/4yrs of maintenance without any money coming out of my pocket at that time as it was paid up front.
Old 08-02-2017, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I voted "Yes" but I should metion that Audi Care was part of the negotiating I did aside from price (home delivery, Audi Care for first 45K, etc.). I'm familiar with cars and have done my own oil changes, etc on previous vehicles but would rather not even mess with it now - especially that it was free. A couple of collegues who drive Audis have recommended it as well.
Old 08-02-2017, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by pgi007
I would rather pay for them as I need them rather than give the dealership my money up front. I am also a low mileage driver so it would not be worth it in my case, as I can go with annual changes for the 6000 km or so I put on in a year.
FYI, Audi Care is administered by Audi Canada and not the individual dealers. So, in effect, you are paying Audi Canada up-front through the dealer.

I, also, do not pile on a lot of mileage in my '16 S5 since I started working very close to home a few years ago. However, I decided to pay for Audi Care for three reasons:
1. I do not do my own oil changes because I live in a Condo that prohibits doing mechanical work on vehicles in owners parking spots. I think most condos do not allow it. I love working on my own cars and I am mechanically inclined and knowledgeable. I have worked on my Dad's cars since my teen years.

I also run my own business and I no longer have that much free time to work on cars or even wash my car as regularly as I want to. So, my only choice is to have it serviced by my dealer or an indy, if I choose that route.

2. If you ask dealerships for the prices they charge on their services for 25k, 40k, 55k, and 70k (or, year 2, 3, 4, and 5, respectively whichever comes first), that $1,000 initial payment help you save money on the long run.

3. Labour costs are adjusted every year and it only goes up over time. Subscribing to Audi Care ensures you a fixed service cost every year up to year 5. Not only labour costs, but the cost of operating a dealership within a major city just goes up every year. Nothing goes down. Proof of this are gas stations disappearing from D/T Vancouver. The cost of doing business vs the land they occupy is no longer sustainable.

As others have mentioned, if you have the time and resources to do the maintenance work yourself, by all means do it especially if you enjoy it. Just make sure that you keep a detailed history of the maintenance work you have performed on your car every year and make sure you follow the official Audi Maintenance Schedule for your vehicle's MY. Why? You'll need to prove that you did all that maintenance work to Audi when you submit a warranty claim. Audi will scrutinize your car's maintenance history before giving that OK on your warranty claim.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

For those of you who bought Audi Care for your 2018 Q5 after the purchase of the vehicle, how much did you pay for it? Is the price different for the SQ5? If I remember correctly, I paid 800 USD for Audi Care for my 2011 Q5 3.2L Prestige (15K, 25K, 35K, 45K mile services). I assume that the price has gone up since then.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 93 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by paperbridge
I think the general consensus is that if you do the work yourself, it's not worth it, and if you don't do the work yourself, it is worth it.
You have hit the proverbial nail on the proverbial head. Generally, if you have the dealer do the four scheduled services, you will save about 30% with Audi Care. If you do it yourself, it will obviously be the least expensive method.

Note that if you DIY, to fully maintain your manf. warranty, you should document that you have performed all the required items on the maintenance schedule with a saved log, receipts, etc.

Like with many of these forum "polls", the available choices are over simplified, hence, not very useful numbers unto themselves.

Last edited by snagitseven; 08-02-2017 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: AudiCare worth it?