Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Dare I get excited?

Old 08-31-2017, 01:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dare I get excited?

I received the automated email just now that my car has gone into production. It is a Q5 prestige with DAP, cold and warm weather. With all of the delays I am almost afraid to get too excited. September 1 has been its factory completion date for over two months now. Can I trust the email or is it just automated and has no relevance to the actual production?
Old 08-31-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Lifeski
I received the automated email just now that my car has gone into production. It is a Q5 prestige with DAP, cold and warm weather. With all of the delays I am almost afraid to get too excited. September 1 has been its factory completion date for over two months now. Can I trust the email or is it just automated and has no relevance to the actual production?

Keep your fingers crossed! Mine arrived exactly 1 month after it's prod finish date!
Old 08-31-2017, 01:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by havery
Keep your fingers crossed! Mine arrived exactly 1 month after it's prod finish date!

I can hope. I hope it is here when I get home from Colorado the first week of October.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received the same e-mail today. Mine was scheduled for 8/11/17 production complete.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Garrett Gyssler
Received the same e-mail today. Mine was scheduled for 8/11/17 production complete.
Interesting so it sounds like it really is in production. Hopefully some of these folks who have been waiting so long can get theirs finished soon.
Old 08-31-2017, 01:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

I can hope. I hope it is here when I get home from Colorado the first week of October.
Have a great trip here! Supposedly due to the wet summer it is supposed to be a good fall for the aspens. You will LOVE the azores...we have had a ton of compliments on it.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

All I gotta say is that this "just-in-time parts" methodology really sucks for some of us. Obviously production is moving and with 20" wheels, but some of us that have been waiting longer were sequenced behind some that required less parts I would assume.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got an email just a while back that my Audi has gone into production.

Production date was 8/27 (ETA)
Old 08-31-2017, 02:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by cakasky
All I gotta say is that this "just-in-time parts" methodology really sucks for some of us. Obviously production is moving and with 20" wheels, but some of us that have been waiting longer were sequenced behind some that required less parts I would assume.
I agree there seems to be a real problem and I feel really bad for those who had their cars get stuck in the line. If my car were delayed by weeks/months I would be pretty unhappy. Still could happen to mine for that matter. It is not on the boat yet.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree there seems to be a real problem and I feel really bad for those who had their cars get stuck in the line. If my car were delayed by weeks/months I would be pretty unhappy. Still could happen to mine for that matter. It is not on the boat yet.
The port of Houston opens tomorrow. That's important because the next ship due to arrive in Veracruz has been waiting to get into Houston.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dare I get excited?