Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Houston Port mess & delivery delay

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 01:37 PM
f10
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Houston Port mess & delivery delay

Just heard from my dealer that my SQ5 was to start production in 2 weeks for an early Oct delivery, BUT now with the Houston port mess it could be delayed SEVERAL months!

Anyone else hear more info?
Old 09-01-2017, 01:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know specifically how Harvey has impacted S/Q5 deliveries, but many Houston homeowners with standing water have been told it will take around 6 weeks for the water to recede.

Incredible.

Last edited by frogs9497; 09-01-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I heard from a Houston dealer where I bought my SQ5 the cars at port are all potentially destroyed. They haven't gotten a solid answer, but I feel for everyone who's car was there.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:37 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

My Q5 is in the Houston port...my dealer said it was fine?? But it still has me a bit worried...and excited to see how long it takes to get to Austin.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

According to articles I read the Houston port was basically spared damage. They are reporting no flooding or container damage.

http://porthouston.com/portweb/wp-co...HarveyFAQs.pdf

Originally Posted by HopeMelayne
My Q5 is in the Houston port...my dealer said it was fine?? But it still has me a bit worried...and excited to see how long it takes to get to Austin.

Last edited by Lifeski; 09-02-2017 at 05:03 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 02:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I heard from a Houston dealer where I bought my SQ5 the cars at port are all potentially destroyed. They haven't gotten a solid answer, but I feel for everyone who's car was there.
Spoke to a dealer near me in North Texas. He said that the Audi Rep told them that some cars were damaged, but not that many. No water damage, but wind damage. Example given was broken windshields on some. Can't seem to verify, very little news coverage at this detail level.
Old 09-03-2017, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTX
Spoke to a dealer near me in North Texas. He said that the Audi Rep told them that some cars were damaged, but not that many. No water damage, but wind damage. Example given was broken windshields on some. Can't seem to verify, very little news coverage at this detail level.
Broken windshield, 50"+ of rain... that better get a salvage title
Old 09-09-2017, 08:05 AM
Audiworld Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default My 2018 S3 Released from Port of Houston

FYI - my 2108 S3 sat in Houston port during Harvey. It was just released to carrier (truck transport) yesterday (9/8) with a dealer ETA of 9/17. I haven't seen the car yet but dealer informs me they must disclose damage/repair and states there was none. I will do what I can to conform that prior to accepting the car. Anyone have suggestions on how best to confirm this?
Old 09-25-2017, 10:45 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

For what it's worth. My Q5 was at Port of Houston during the hurricane. My dealer said there was no damage to my car. The car arrived a few weeks later. I looked over the car pretty carefully, no damage noted.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dgeffs
If your car is coming from the port of Houston please check it very carefully. Mine was delivered 9/19 and had a nasty crease in the right front quarter panel. To make matters worse I didn't do a walk around and missed it. Now the dealer is claiming it is my problem since there is no way they would not have seen this damage. I drove it out of the dealers lot to a gas station and then home. My security cameras show the damage on arrival at home. The damage is so severe there is no way it could have been done by the dealer or me. It might be a transport issue but more likely it came from the factory like this. Do yourself a favor and video the entire car before taking delivery.
I took delivery of my SQ5 in Houston i.e. it came through the port. There have been no issues so far. If you are picky the stitching on my nappa leather is a little stressed on the far sides (see picture)

Quick Reply: Houston Port mess & delivery delay