Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Q7 Seat Ventilation

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 04:45 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Q7 Seat Ventilation

I started to use the seat ventilation and set it at max level, but hardly notice the seat getting that cold. I can feel that the back of the seat is a little cool, but nothing like some of the rentals I have had in the past. Does anyone else have any input with regards to their seat ventilation? Just need to know if I should take it in and have them look at it?
Old 09-08-2017, 05:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Mine like this too. I can feel it but its not blowing me away. I tested it in a friends MB and it was the same...
Old 09-08-2017, 05:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it works decently well when you have the lowest 'LO' temperature on your A/C. mine works quite well and I believe the coolness is dependent on the A/C temp.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomarian
I started to use the seat ventilation and set it at max level, but hardly notice the seat getting that cold. I can feel that the back of the seat is a little cool, but nothing like some of the rentals I have had in the past. Does anyone else have any input with regards to their seat ventilation? Just need to know if I should take it in and have them look at it?
Mine were like this, I did adjust the fan speed via Vag-com this helped the most. The AC seats in my raptor would freeze me out, but those were AC not ventilated. I think that is the difference.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

They work by pulling the hot air away from you rather than blowing cold air at you. That's why they are referred to as ventilated and not cooled.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Mine definitely seem better some days than others, I think it is corollary to how hard the AC is working. Also if you're wearing thicker clothes its not as noticeable (presumably unlikely during the summer when you'd want to use it)
Old 09-08-2017, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 99 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by alipor
Mine were like this, I did adjust the fan speed via Vag-com this helped the most. The AC seats in my raptor would freeze me out, but those were AC not ventilated. I think that is the difference.
What adaption channel did you use to find fan speed?
Old 09-08-2017, 09:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomarian
Does anyone else have any input with regards to their seat ventilation?
You can adjust the level of ventilation for the back rest vs seat separately under settings. Give that a shot and see if you notice any difference.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is subtle. I have never tried other ventilated seats. I expected more cool air flow. But I am ok with it.

They make too much noise though at anything but the low setting, so I don't feel like I can leave them on high.

So they are not an AC duct?
Old 09-09-2017, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rsilvers129

So they are not an AC duct?
No. They are simple fans that suck air through the perforations in the seat and exhaust it underneath. It is most noticeable if you are perspiring in which case you feel the evaporation effect.

As mentioned earlier, if you are feeling it on your back but not your seat (or vice versa), check the setting in the MMI A/C section to make sure it's not set for back or seat only.

Quick Reply: Q7 Seat Ventilation