Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Camera Top View on Parking Aid -- SOLVED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Camera Top View on Parking Aid -- SOLVED!!!

EDIT: NOT SOLVED. Sorry for the clickbait! I can't edit the original title of the post, but in short, this is still a known bug and even the TSB on the issue doesn't fix it.

Okay, so like many, it drove me crazy that my S5 SB wouldn't save the right-side camera "top view" once I selected it, and instead, would change back to the graphic "top view" after a short amount of time or restarts of the car.

By happenstance, I have solved the mystery of why this has apparently worked for some owners and not for others. The bug is that the default is not saved to be persistent if you hit BACK button to exit the parking aid menu, instead of choosing "END SYSTEM" at the top of that menu.

Here are the EXACT STEPS to follow to have this be persistent -- follow all of them and the view should stick.

1. First, get into the parking aid by hitting the "P" button when transmission is in Park (although you could also do this by hitting reverse -- I think its better to not worry about your car rolling and to pay attention to what you have to do on the screen).

2. You will see this screen. Press the "right shoulder" button on the MMI (that you typically press for more options when you see the "+" on the screen).

3. You'll see this menu. Scroll with your MMI button down to the "View" line, and click on it to change to "Camera" instead of "Graphic".

4. *This is the critical step* You MUST MUST go and click the "END SYSTEM" menu item which is the first on that menu. If you click back on the MMI (what I was doing every time prior to this) it won't save the setting. However, clicking on END SYSTEM instead actually serves to save the setting properly and have it be consistent.

Reply if this does not solve the problem .... I'm going to report this to my friends at Audi corporate so they can hopefully fix this software bug.

Last edited by scoopman; 09-20-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

This might solve the problem for those having the issue however I did not have to click "end system" in order for mine to stay on the screen.
Not trying to flaunt my stuff just pointing this out.
Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 3cat
This might solve the problem for those having the issue however I did not have to click "end system" in order for mine to stay on the screen.
Perhaps the version of software for this module is also playing a role here -- I bet there's a regression in the software.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 589 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by scoopman
Perhaps the version of software for this module is also playing a role here -- I bet there's a regression in the software.
It might even be a hardware and software revision combo that's causing the issue.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've tried this approach many times but still doesn't work unfortunately.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts

This did NOT solve it for me either.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doesn't work. Like every other attempt, it sticks sometimes, giving the impression that it worked for a bit. Still totally random
Old 09-14-2017, 11:22 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3cat
1. Do anyone see the view option when you go through Vehicle -> Driver Assistance -> Parking Aid ?

2. Did you ever try changing it to graphic view and see if it sticks that way more than 48hrs ?
Old 09-14-2017, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by dawkins20
Doesn't work. Like every other attempt, it sticks sometimes, giving the impression that it worked for a bit. Still totally random
Hmmmpft. Let me see if it's lost the setting after work today...
Old 09-14-2017, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by scoopman
Hmmmpft. Let me see if it's lost the setting after work today...
I am on the same boat and following the discussions... interestingly on my B9 Allroad it works flawlessly (different MMI version though).

Quick Reply: Camera Top View on Parking Aid -- SOLVED!!!