TT (Mk3) Discussion Discussion forum for the Mk3 Audi TT, TT-S and TT-RS Coupe & Roadster produced from 2014- present

My TTRS thread.

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts
Default My TTRS Adventure...

Not a picture of myself model, @little_missness photo credit @photography.by.ryan
I kicked myself for not starting a build thread on my GTI when I first started so I'm getting this started before I take delivery. I don't plan on this car as being as crazy as my GTI and I dont even think this will qualify as a build but there are a few things I think as necessary for any car.

This car marks a milestone in my life and it isn't a midlife crisis...I think. I saw my first TT in Athens Greece while I was on R&R (Kosovo) in 1999 and I fell in love with the little curvy car. I was in the military at the time and I didn't make enough money to justify the spend on a TT but I swore I would buy one some day. Fast forward, I became busy with life after leaving the military in 2002, I was still fairly young and headed straight to the oilfield as that is where the money was. I was doing quite well, I had my own oilfield/industrial consulting company and I had diversified and bought into another local company. In 2013 I was in a position to take a break as I was living a high stress life so I decided I'd take my summers off and start living a healthier life style, When I was young I raced road bicycles so I started riding again and then racing. May18 2015 I crashed in a race in Saskatoon Saskatchewan which left me paralyzed from the chest down and while I was in rehab I was determined to drive again but all my vehicles were lifted so I sold my one of my trucks and bought a GTI...I told myself the GTI was perfect and I wasn't going to do anything to it... Well maybe some wheels then and air intake, then a catback and while I was doing that may as well do the downpipe and a turbo upgrade, and down the rabbit hole I went. I was now again in the VAG car scene and when I heard that Audi had planned to do an RS version of the TT I was sold.

Again, I don't have any plans of doing a crazy build here, just the basics.(edit, maybe I was wrong here)

Car was ordered from factory with the following options;
  • Glacier White Metalic
  • Black optics PKG
  • Fixed rear spoiler
  • Sport exhaust w/black tips
  • OLED tails
  • Carbon fibre PKG
  • Red brake callipers
  • Red stitching
  • Technology PKG
  • Lane assist
  • 7 spoke, 20" Anthracite wheels

Modifications and Additions
Wheels and Tires
  • HRE FF01 20x9 ET35 Gloss Black with 275x30R20 Michelin PS4S -Summer
  • OZ Rally 19x9 ET38 White with 245x40R19 Michelin Alpin PA4 -Winter
  • SuperSpeed RF03RR 18X8.5 ET42 Falken Azenis RT615K+ 245x40R18 -Track
  • Infamous Auto custom poly splitter

Replaced parts​​​​​​

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 09-02-2022 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Updating
The following users liked this post:
jjgandarillas (10-10-2022)
Old 09-17-2017, 03:57 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Delivery day.

Car was then detailed (paint correction etc.), the Badges were removed and it was wrapped in Xpel Ultimate.
-Full grill
-Headlights
-Full hood
-Full front fenders
-A-pillars and roofline
-Mirrors
-Rockers
-Tail lamps
-Hatch back panel

The following day the car was coated with Kamikaze Miyabi Coat and left to cure overnight.
After the glass coat was cured they then coated the car in Kamikaze Over Coat and left to cure for another night.

The following users liked this post:
Getbusy! (11-10-2019)
Old 09-17-2017, 04:02 PM
Previously “CALE262”

I ordered some black rings for the car, front and rear and ordered Black and red "TTRS" badges from Germany (still waiting on those).

I also ordered a personal plate.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:05 PM
Previously “CALE262”

The front rings went on easy.

But the rear ring were a little more difficult, the rings are flat so I needed to massage them with heat from a heat gun until the matched the curve of the rear hatch.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Next to address were the wheels, I ordered some nice Vorstiener VFF107s in 19x9ET45.

They arrived a few days later.

Unfortunately they didn't fit over the front callipers, Vorsteiner was very accomidating and sent me some shipping labels and I sent them back. These were going to be my summer wheels had they fit...I am still looking for summer wheels but went ahead and ordered some other wheels which I will used for the rest of this summer and then put winter tires on them. Neuspeed RSe102 in 19x9ET40 which Neuspeed suggested...They didn't fit either but they were so close so I had a set of custom 5mm spacers made from WheelSpacers.ca ? 1.866.921.3335 and they fit perfectly now. I also purchased some Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires in 255/35R19 which I will used until winter comes where I will replace them with Pirelli Sottozero Serie 2 also in 255/35R19 which I have already purchased.

With Neuspeed RSe102 and the MPSS tires.

I had also been looking at some rim protectors made by AlloyGator, I wasn't sure on which colour to order as they come in many colours so at the advice of the dealership I went with white.

I really wasn't digging the white...a few days later I went back to the dealership and had them swapped out for black, much better now IMHO.

Last edited by BRKNJMPR; 09-22-2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:28 PM
Previously “CALE262”

I guess I can't edit my post but it shopuld have this picture with the black ALLOYGATORS which you can't even really see.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:36 PM
Previously “CALE262”

I really love the way the cars sounds but I think its just a little too quiet, I paid for the Sport Exhaust and don't want to swap the whole thing out but I did loose the secondary cats which I dont really know why they are there in the first place...I assume it has something to do with "California". I had them removed and replaced with the CTS Turbo delete pipes and it sounds so much better, with the valves closed you cant really hear much difference but with the valves open (Sport) it sings such a nice song!

Here's some audio files I recorded using launch control with the valves in the "Sport" position, the first is with the windows down and the second with the windows up.

Old 09-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Previously “CALE262”

Now the CTS Turbo secondary cat delete kit is nice but it is also the same part number as the MK2 TTRS, they fit well but not perfect. I imagine they are both the same length but one has a slight deviation (bend) and that modification made it slightly shorter...as I say they fit but just off on the one side which really isn't a big deal. This kit also pushes the muffler back about 5-10mm and make the tips more obvious, I actually like it, makes it look just a little more aggressive!

Right after I installed the secondary delete kit a fellow who does some krazy awesom stuff with VAG cars, his name is Hank Iroz...he just released a nice hand made downpipe and secondary section for the TTRS...I have been following him and his company, "Iroz Motorsports" for a little while now and he is making some very impressively fast VW GOLF R's so I couldn't resist and I had to order his new DP with secondary section and his driveshaft tool...I cant wait to receive them!

Old 09-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Previously “CALE262”

A nice video of Hanks TTRS launching...I am sold!

Old 09-17-2017, 04:53 PM
Previously “CALE262”

I also forgot... I am a T5 complete Paraplegic and that being the case I need to use hand controls in my cars, the TT is no different. I had the hand controls installed the following Monday (Delivery was a Saturday) after receiving the car. These are Suregrip hand controls, left hand opperated. They are fairly easy to use, holding the handgrip you rock the lever backwards for gas and push forward to apply the brakes...the launch control took a few times to get right but that too is very easy.

Quick Reply: My TTRS thread.