Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Here is my S5 Sportback!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 05:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Here is my S5 Sportback!

I have owned 3 previous generations of S4s, a 2012, a 2015, and a 2013. Somehow I feel the latest S4 is a bit boring looking, it is time for a new car and I decided to go with the S5 Sportback this time. I thought it would be safe to sell my S4 before searching for new cars, and I sold it without much hassle to a nice first time Audi owner. However, after the sale I was under pressure to get a replacement, and I was surprised to find that it was not easy to find a right (for me) S5 Sportback, the supply is limited, and most dealers were not willing to deal, let alone give me club discount. After calling almost all the dealers within 500 miles of me I found a Daytona Gray Sportback that is equipped very close to if I were to place an order myself, and I could purchase it via a Costco program with about 4-5% discount, so I pulled the trigger. Here are some initial photos.
Attached Thumbnails Here is my S5 Sportback!-_dsc4806e.jpg   Here is my S5 Sportback!-_dsc4816e.jpg   Here is my S5 Sportback!-_dsc4823e.jpg   Here is my S5 Sportback!-_dsc4826e.jpg  

Last edited by WENR; 09-17-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clean! Very nice pics.
Old 09-17-2017, 07:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice, except for the steering wheel which isn't flat bottom
Old 09-17-2017, 09:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by prashanth1337
very nice, except for the steering wheel which isn't flat bottom
Yes, too bad, the cold weather package option I have on my car eliminated the flat bottom steering wheel. If it is a custom order I would do without the cold weather package. However, not having flat bottom steering wheel does not bother me too much.

During my search I found another Daytona Gray S5 SB that comes with warm weather as well as cold weather package, at first I thought it was a good idea as it has front seat ventilation. Upon seeing the actual car I realize only regular leather seats are available when you have "cold weather package", no diamond stitching, and no massage function. The seats look very much like the regular A5's seats, and that was a compromise I would not go for.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Very nice! Thanks for posting interior photos. Mine is ordered with black Alcantara, and there are not many photos of it.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got mine too!

Originally Posted by WENR
I have owned 3 previous generations of S4s, a 2012, a 2015, and a 2013. Somehow I feel the latest S4 is a bit boring looking, it is time for a new car and I decided to go with the S5 Sportback this time. I thought it would be safe to sell my S4 before searching for new cars, and I sold it without much hassle to a nice first time Audi owner. However, after the sale I was under pressure to get a replacement, and I was surprised to find that it was not easy to find a right (for me) S5 Sportback, the supply is limited, and most dealers were not willing to deal, let alone give me club discount. After calling almost all the dealers within 500 miles of me I found a Daytona Gray Sportback that is equipped very close to if I were to place an order myself, and I could purchase it via a Costco program with about 4-5% discount, so I pulled the trigger. Here are some initial photos.
I picked up my S5 Sportback on Saturday (9/16/17). It's an ordered car and I couldn't be happier. Traded in a '13 A5 S-Line Prestige for it and I have no regrets whatsoever. Here are some pics:
Attached Images       
Old 09-18-2017, 05:49 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

The two best colors for the S5 on display here, IMO. Congrats on your new cars! If I was patient enough to wait for an order I would have one of these colors.
Also I would have ordered the round, heated steering wheel
Old 09-18-2017, 06:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats to both of you! We do not see many alcantara interiors here, as most are getting the leather, so it is refreshing to see.

Also - KapCoupe - I don't think you meant to but you hijacked the OP's thread =) There is a whole 215 page thread of pictures of A5/S5 if you wanna post there too! Your color choice is awesome too.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 54 Likes on 33 Posts

Very nice. Congratulations. I ordered mine with the heated steering wheel and already use it even though we haven't hit Winter yet. I am sure that love will really increase once we get below 45 degrees.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:41 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by saxplayer
Congrats to both of you! We do not see many alcantara interiors here, as most are getting the leather, so it is refreshing to see.

Also - KapCoupe - I don't think you meant to but you hijacked the OP's thread =) There is a whole 215 page thread of pictures of A5/S5 if you wanna post there too! Your color choice is awesome too.
Thanks for your comments. I certainly didn't mean to hijack the thread! Sorry about that. I'm still getting the hang of this.

Quick Reply: Here is my S5 Sportback!