A4 allroad (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 allroad quattro 2017-

2017 AR Owner Manual - A4 generic

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 AR Owner Manual - A4 generic

Just got a 2017 Allroad PP a week ago.
Unless I am missing something, the owner's manual that came with my car has nothing specific about the Allroad.
It appears to be a regular A4 sedan owner's manual.
There is nothing about how to operate the hatch. Set the height settings, etc.
Did any of you receive an Allroad specific owner's manual with you car?
Thanks
Old 09-18-2017, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're picking up our 2018 A4 allroad this afternoon. I'll let you know what manuals are included. Wouldn't surprise me to have one overall manual, but you'd hope there would be optional sections for the various models and trim/feature levels.
Old 09-18-2017, 07:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Depending on the version of your manual look in the index under "boot lid" or "luggage compartment lid." What you are looking for is probably around page 42 or 46.
Old 09-18-2017, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by Dan in St. Louis
Depending on the version of your manual look in the index under "boot lid" or "luggage compartment lid." What you are looking for is probably around page 42 or 46.
Thanks, I will check that out. I asked the dealer sales rep. and he didn't have a clue. I get the impression they don't sell many Allroads...
Old 09-18-2017, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by donlaw100
I get the impression they don't sell many Allroads...
You do not say
Old 09-18-2017, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2017 owner here. Agree the owner's manual is tough to comb through, especially as a first time Audi owner (not familiar with much of the "lingo"). You kind of have to squint but there are definitely notes specific to the Allroad in the manual, even though it is a generic A4 book. I've found it to be more efficient to do Google searches when I have specific questions versus trying to decipher the manual, but I did skim through and find some useful nuggets. I was also fortunate enough to have a very knowledgeable salesman, who has encouraged me to hit him up with questions and has come through so far.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:21 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by pbrown
2017 owner here. Agree the owner's manual is tough to comb through, especially as a first time Audi owner (not familiar with much of the "lingo"). You kind of have to squint but there are definitely notes specific to the Allroad in the manual, even though it is a generic A4 book. I've found it to be more efficient to do Google searches when I have specific questions versus trying to decipher the manual, but I did skim through and find some useful nuggets. I was also fortunate enough to have a very knowledgeable salesman, who has encouraged me to hit him up with questions and has come through so far.
Yes, well my salesman didn't know about the compartment where the manual goes and tried to fit the case and book in the glove box with the CD player!
Thanks for the hints. I will give the manual another look.

Last edited by donlaw100; 09-18-2017 at 06:59 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha, my salesman definitely knew where it was supposed to go... And after he told me all about the car, he pulled me aside and made sure I knew about Launch Control and how much fun that is. Great experience at Audi Bellevue (Washington state).
Old 09-19-2017, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by pbrown
Ha, my salesman definitely knew where it was supposed to go... And after he told me all about the car, he pulled me aside and made sure I knew about Launch Control and how much fun that is. Great experience at Audi Bellevue (Washington state).
DSG Launch Control is fun (at least on my TDI JSW) and I'm curious as to the steps for Launch Control on the Allroad. Probably about the same but it's worth you stepping the forum through it for future users.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 382 Likes on 344 Posts

Don, you can take your VIN and enter it at their website to see if a different manual is available for your car:

Audi Online Owner's Manual

Quick Reply: 2017 AR Owner Manual - A4 generic