S4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi S4 produced from 2016-

RS4 Eyeball Torture

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RS4 Eyeball Torture

I'm standing in front of the RS4 at the IAA Frankfurt auto show today, where it has made its world premiere in the Audi building. I can't look away. At the same time, I am none too pleased that we can't have it.

When I was sitting in it earlier an Audi rep asked if I had any questions. I asked why we can't have the RS4 in the US and he replied "Why not?" Like he was surprised that wasn't happening. Why not indeed. Didn't expect him to actually have an answer, since the only knowledge these car show guys seem to have is whatever is in the brochure.

Good bye, RS4, I imagine this is the only time I will ever see you in person...

Last edited by dbuxton13; 09-18-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dbuxton13
I'm standing in front of the RS4 at the IAA Frankfurt auto show today, where it has made its world premiere in the Audi building.
I can't look away. At the same time, I am none too pleased that we can't have it.

When I was sitting in it earlier an Audi rep asked if I had any questions. I asked why we can't have the RS4 in the US and he replied "Why not?" Like he was surprised that wasn't happening. Why not indeed. Didn't expect him to actually have answer, since the only knowledge these car show guys seem to have is whatever is in the brochure.

Good bye, RS4, I imagine this is the only time I will ever see you in person...
I like it but I prefer the Sedan looks...the rear & 3/4 of the S4 sedan is just pure SEXY....though I want that front fascia...and front quarter panels.

What I'd rather have are the amber rear tails vs the all red we get.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Avant all the way. So sad it's not coming
Old 09-18-2017, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stanj
Avant all the way. So sad it's not coming
Agreed! I should be driving an Allroad (not an S4) given my lifestyle, but I refuse to do so until I can get a decent engine in the Avant. Hell, I'd settled for an S series Allroad!
Old 09-18-2017, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Spartan-S4
I like it but I prefer the Sedan looks...the rear & 3/4 of the S4 sedan is just pure SEXY....though I want that front fascia...and front quarter panels.

What I'd rather have are the amber rear tails vs the all red we get.
I'd also love a RS4 sedan but I've made my peace with the fact that Audi isn't going to make one. I've convinced myself that the RS5 Sportback is an acceptable substitute.
Old 09-21-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What a beautiful beast. Seeing something you love in person, knowing the fact you can't have it (at least in the near future) and lastly saying goodbye, OP why would you do that to yourself?! :P great pics by the way
Old 09-21-2017, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dbuxton13

I love the look and functionality of the Avant. I wish they sold the S4 in Avant form here in North America.

The finish looks like Nogaro Blue or is it Ara Blue?
Old 09-21-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnEnglish
I'd also love a RS4 sedan but I've made my peace with the fact that Audi isn't going to make one. I've convinced myself that the RS5 Sportback is an acceptable substitute.
+1 on the "acceptable substitute."
Old 09-21-2017, 11:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Obviously there is no North American pricing available, but does anyone know what the relative pricing difference between this and the S4 sedan is in Europe? Just curious.
Old 09-21-2017, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by dawkins20
Obviously there is no North American pricing available, but does anyone know what the relative pricing difference between this and the S4 sedan is in Europe? Just curious.
www.audi.co.uk says the S4 starts from 45,200 UKPounds (about $63K) the RS4 Avant starts at 61,625 (about $86K)

I think the UK has a 20% sales tax (VAT) on cars though, so proportionately it's better to think of a 35% uplift?

Which would have put it comfortably below an AMG E63 4-Matic which is pretty much the only US choice for a performance wagon...

Quick Reply: RS4 Eyeball Torture