Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Premium Plus and Prestige: Higher Residual

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium Plus and Prestige: Higher Residual

So I'm stuck in the middle between the Premium Plus and Prestige trim, mostly due to the lower residual it offers on a 3 year/15k lease. From my understanding, the Prestige offers soft closing doors and HUD (that are not available to add on to the PP). Furthermore, I can only get the Black Optic Package with Prestige.

Has anyone moved forward with a PP due to cost savings/residual and have regretted not getting Prestige?

I'd love to get feedback for PP and Prestige owners. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2017, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

try and do a search on the forums. this subject has been discuss many time already..
Old 09-19-2017, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrp0rky
try and do a search on the forums. this subject has been discuss many time already..
My personal opinion after owning a 2017 Prestige (no soft close doors on MY17 without luxury package) is that the HUD is not really worth it unless you’re doing a LOT of GPS driving and want to keep your eye on the road. Otherwise, it actually gets a little annoying. Plus, I wear polarized sunglasses, so on sunny days, it’s useless. Once over the novelty of it, I wouldn’t make a decision based on having the HUD. Just my 2 cents...
Old 09-19-2017, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by mrp0rky

Let me know if you find a more relevant thread from this year comparing 2018's. When I searched prior to posting this thread, all I found were comparisons of the 2017 model from a year ago. I would love to get some more recent mindshare from the community here to assist with my dilemma.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by FairwellQ7TDI
My personal opinion after owning a 2017 Prestige (no soft close doors on MY17 without luxury package) is that the HUD is not really worth it unless you’re doing a LOT of GPS driving and want to keep your eye on the road. Otherwise, it actually gets a little annoying. Plus, I wear polarized sunglasses, so on sunny days, it’s useless. Once over the novelty of it, I wouldn’t make a decision based on having the HUD. Just my 2 cents...
Thanks for the feedback. I really enjoyed the HUD from my BMW but I plan on adding the vision package with the virtual cockpit. That should suffice.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the HUD. I wouldn't mind if it were missing. The car has 2-3 screen to see any given information, and it feels excessive.

I would not want to give up the soft close doors though. They give me and my kids constant pleasure in having contests as to who can close the door the softest. When someone slams the door, my kids all shout out and make a big deal over it.

If you look at the cost of all these options, it is easy to say they are not worth what they cost. But I have had to rebuy three cars in the past from getting too low a model. First Subaru WRX - sold to get STi. Then Odyssey, sold to get Touring Edition. Then Focus, gave away to get Titanium. I learned my lesson and only buy with the options I want now. On the Q7 I opted to not get Luxury package or Dynamic chassis, and I don't regret my decision (top view camera makes parking so easy and fun, no need for slightly tighter turning radius).

Which is why I don't own a Porsche - because the Macan, Cheyanne, or 718 would leave me unhappy if I didn't have stuff like keyless ignition and backup camera - which come standard on cars over $22,000, but are buried in packages that add $22,000 to the base price of the Porsche - making the tolerable MSRP a fake price because the cars are so stripped.

Last edited by rsilvers129; 09-19-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same boat as you. 3% residual difference was making my decision difficult but in the end I went with Prestige because of HUD and Adaptive Chassis Package. HUD was a must have for us (coming from E70 and F15 BMW X5s with HUD). I never look at instrument cluster for speed.
Old 09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The HUD is something I don't want to do without after having it.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had HUD on my 09 C6 and loved it, I have it on my 14 Stingray and love it and I wouldn't want to have a vehicle without it at this point. I got Prestige for the HUD and interior lighting. My Ford Ranger doesn't have it, but it doesn't have much of anything!
Old 09-20-2017, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I depends on how important it is to you. I never had HUD before, but now I am always glancing in the HUD area in my other two cars. Can you live without it? Sure. But you get used to it.

I dont care for soft close doors. The interior lighting is certainly very nice. While I dont care to change it often, my wife sure loves to change the colors and it gives the Q a fresh look every time. But if you want BOP then you have to go with prestige

Quick Reply: Premium Plus and Prestige: Higher Residual