Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

e folding navigational screen

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default e folding navigational screen

What years and models of Audi sedans have the folding navigational screen?
Old 09-19-2017, 05:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by cchrystal
Lots of models and years, particularly in different parts of the world. Hope this helps.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 881 Likes on 720 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Lots of models and years, particularly in different parts of the world. Hope this helps.
You forgot to mention that the cars with this feature also came in lots of colors. LOL
Old 09-20-2017, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by cchrystal
At the risk of high-jacking this thread, I hope Audi continues the folding NAV screen with the C8 redesign. I am sick of looking at all the new cars with these dumb looking tablet-like things jutting out of the dashboard. Every passenger I have had in my C7 A6's makes a positive comment about the retracting/folding NAV screen - it is classy.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
At the risk of high-jacking this thread, I hope Audi continues the folding NAV screen with the C8 redesign. I am sick of looking at all the new cars with these dumb looking tablet-like things jutting out of the dashboard. Every passenger I have had in my C7 A6's makes a positive comment about the retracting/folding NAV screen - it is classy.
the only value left in this thread would be to hijack it!
So, I agree the tablet glued on the dash is not very elegant but the only time mine is not up is when I'm not in the car. If I'm not in the car then it doesn't matter.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob

In addition to TDI, I chose the A6 over competitors as I did not want any such dash distraction, and always close it after starting the car. Someone in the A8 forum described where to cut power (under passenger feet area) so as to keep open all the time (and inserted in-line switch). One day when I have some time , I will cut so as to keep retracted.

With all the admonishments to refrain from texting etc, why iPads on the dash are allowed is beyond me.....to each their own...

Last edited by AMDG75; 09-20-2017 at 03:40 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AMDG75
In addition to TDI, I chose the A6 over competitors as I did not want any such dash distraction, and always close it after starting the car. Someone in the A8 forum described where to cut power (under passenger feet area) so as to keep open all the time (and inserted in-line switch). One day when I have some time , I will cut so as to keep retracted.

With all the admonishments to refrain from texting etc, why iPads on the dash are allowed is beyond me.....to each their own...
I just had a 2017 A3 loaner, felt like driving a go kart, and the nav was that stupid tablet looking kinda shape but it could be retracted into the dash, it didn't fold like my C7 but just went up and down
Old 09-22-2017, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In NJ, the bureaucrats made up this thing, #77. Using that, you're supposed to report aggressive, or distracted, driving.

The thing is, I drive aggressively, to get away from morons who are distracted.

The other thing is, this is rather arbitrary. Who is doing the reporting? Doesn't reporting this, by necessity require the driver reporting it to be distracted?

Stupidity.

Originally Posted by AMDG75
Old 09-22-2017, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BMW arguably does the best job of integrating the screen into the dash. Their screens being rectangular can be recessed into the dash vs. just sticking up.

I'm fine with our retracting screen in the A6, it does have a certain cool factor, but as mentioned it's up all of the time that I'm in the car so it wouldn't be a big deal if it was up all of the time.
Old 09-22-2017, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
I'm fine with our retracting screen in the A6, it does have a certain cool factor, but as mentioned it's up all of the time that I'm in the car so it wouldn't be a big deal if it was up all of the time.
For me I would give up the cool factor for a fixed screen for the lack of complexity it would have. Less prone to problems.

Last edited by DanfZX14; 09-23-2017 at 03:59 AM.

Quick Reply: e folding navigational screen