Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2017 Q7 prestige - few observations

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Q7 prestige - few observations

Got my 2017 q7 prestige in June this year. Within a month I got low windshield washer fluid warning, to me it was surprising because I didn't use the windshield washer that often..but I thought may be the reservoir is small so based on this forum recommendations I filed it up with cheap blue stuff.
Yesterday, I noticed that coolant level is slightly less than minimum mark so I will need to fill that up too.

on the TPMS system, I noticed that the tire pressure numbers are not stored, when I manually checked the tire pressure, it is set to 41 psi for both front and back and Audi recommended numbers are 32 front and 35 rear.

Are these things normal with with the new car? To me it looks like dealership didn't do its job properly before delivering the car. This is my first Audi or any luxury car for that matter. I drove Hondas till now and never had to fill up any fluids or need to setup tpms system on any of them..

thanks
Old 09-23-2017, 04:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by indian gladiator
Got my 2017 q7 prestige in June this year. Within a month I got low windshield washer fluid warning, to me it was surprising because I didn't use the windshield washer that often..but I thought may be the reservoir is small so based on this forum recommendations I filed it up with cheap blue stuff.
Yesterday, I noticed that coolant level is slightly less than minimum mark so I will need to fill that up too.

on the TPMS system, I noticed that the tire pressure numbers are not stored, when I manually checked the tire pressure, it is set to 41 psi for both front and back and Audi recommended numbers are 32 front and 35 rear.

Are these things normal with with the new car? To me it looks like dealership didn't do its job properly before delivering the car. This is my first Audi or any luxury car for that matter. I drove Hondas till now and never had to fill up any fluids or need to setup tpms system on any of them..

thanks
Yes, it appears that a pre-delivery check was not performed properly. I would complain to the dealer you bought from and have them top up the coolant
Old 09-23-2017, 09:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

My dealer set my tire pressure between 4 and 7psi too high, depending on which of my tire pressure gauges is correct. I came very close to replacing the new tires due to ride harshness. After correcting the pressure, I am happy with the tires.