Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models
View Poll Results: Which RS3 Option Packages Did You Pick? (Multiple Choices are OK)
Black Optics
60.87%
Carbon Inlays
67.39%
Driver Assist
54.35%
Dynamic Package
86.96%
Dynamic Package Plus
21.74%
Red Stitching
41.30%
RS Design Package
36.96%
Technology Package
95.65%
Leatherette Arm Rests / Kneepads
41.30%
Rear Air Bags
30.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Poll re: RS3 Option Packages

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Poll re: RS3 Option Packages

I had so much fun with the last poll I thought I would start another and see what RS3 packages are the most sought after. I'm sure Black Optics will be one and I would think that the Technology Package would be popular as well although I know a fair number of folks who disagree ... so now we can see what this forum thinks.

Multiple answers are acceptable within this particular poll so enjoy!

Last edited by russbert; 09-24-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Old 09-24-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by russbert
I had so much fun with the last poll I thought I would start another and see what RS3 packages are the most sought after. I'm sure Black Optics will be one and I would think that the Technology Package would be popular as well although I know a fair number of folks who disagree ... so now we can see what this forum thinks.

Multiple answers are acceptable within this particular poll so enjoy!
I believe your survey is using the American option package names - I think that means Dynamic Plus means Ceramic Brakes? Up north we were able to option Ceramic Brakes. Our Sport Package includes 'fixed suspension', carbon engine cover, and the modified 280km/h speed-limiter, as an example.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by tjacoby
I believe your survey is using the American option package names - I think that means Dynamic Plus means Ceramic Brakes? Up north we were able to option Ceramic Brakes. Our Sport Package includes 'fixed suspension', carbon engine cover, and the modified 280km/h speed-limiter, as an example.
Additionally, in Canada the Sport Exhaust was also a standalone option, as were Red calipers.

I wish that the RS Design package had been offered in Canada, but it isn't - we have no way to get the stitched armrests or console sides with red stitched seats, yet they come with the gray stitched seats. Stupidity of Audi Canada product people.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by tjacoby
Yes, as that is the only names I know. :-) Dynamic Plus does include the Ceramic brakes, carbon fiber engine cover and raised the top speed from 155 to 174 mph. Thanks for letting me know; I always find it fascinating how companies alter products / options based on location.

Unfortunately I don't seem to have the ability to alter the Poll once I post it.

Last edited by russbert; 09-24-2017 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by GordonC
Additionally, in Canada the Sport Exhaust was also a standalone option, as were Red calipers.
Interesting as the Sport Exhaust AND Red Calipers are included in the Dynamic package here in the U.S.

Originally Posted by GordonC
I wish that the RS Design package had been offered in Canada, but it isn't - we have no way to get the stitched armrests or console sides with red stitched seats, yet they come with the gray stitched seats. Stupidity of Audi Canada product people.
Wow, obviously I didn't realize that as well as that is one of the options I picked based on the encouragement I received from my lovely bride. I'm really excited to see it in person which hopefully will be in about 6+ weeks as the car will be built this week.
Old 09-25-2017, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

First Day Results are quite interesting (as always). I did NOT expect 100% on the Technology Pkg (thought it would be more like the Dynamic Pkg results). I was a little surprised that the Black Optics was only about half of the responses but I was the most surprised at the high percentage for the Driver Assist Package which consists of (at least for the U.S., not sure about the rest of North America or Europe):
  • Audi adaptive cruise control with stop & go
  • Audi active lane assist
  • High beam assistant
  • Front radar with camera distance sensor
What feature(s) listed above attracted you the most? I wasn't interested in this option in the least initially. I prefer to be in "control" of my own driving. But after an 10+ hour drive this past weekend in extremely heavy traffic (so normal cruise control was useless) and without my wife able to spell me, I almost wish I had given it more thought. Comments?
Old 09-25-2017, 06:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First Day Results are quite interesting (as always). I did NOT expect 100% on the Technology Pkg (thought it would be more like the Dynamic Pkg results). I was a little surprised that the Black Optics was only about half of the responses but I was the most surprised at the high percentage for the Driver Assist Package which consists of (at least for the U.S., not sure about the rest of North America or Europe):
  • High beam assistant
What feature(s) listed above attracted you the most? I wasn't interested in this option in the least initially. I prefer to be in "control" of my own driving. But after an 10+ hour drive this past weekend in extremely heavy traffic (so normal cruise control was useless) and without my wife able to spell me, I almost wish I had given it more thought. Comments?
I'm more surprised that there wasn't 100% on the dynamic package. The tech package was almost certainly for the virtual cockpit. With regard to driver-assistance, I would just amplify your own comment about it. Even with performance vehicles, most people aren't driving ***** to the wall 100% of the time - having the assistance tools there for long drives and stop & go is nice to have.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I was back and forth with the dynamic package. I didn't want red calipers and a staggered tire setup, but wanted the sport exhaust. I was hoping that the sports exhaust was just the standard exhaust minus a secondary cat and/or resonator, but it appears that the sports exhaust vehicles still have the secondary cats/resonators which is why I decided on going with the dynamics package
Old 09-25-2017, 08:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

I was actaully thinking this exact same thing. I thought about ordering the Driver assist option but then was like meh. not sure I really need it or want it. Wonder if people like this option and it works well?

• High beam assistant
Old 09-25-2017, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

• High beam assistant
The RS3 will be my daily and DC area traffic can suck. At first I wasn't going to get DAP then thought better of it after I watched a youtube video of a guy "driving" virtually input free during bumper-to-bumper stop and go traffic. For $1000 figure it might help resale down the road too.

Quick Reply: Poll re: RS3 Option Packages