Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Graphite Gray Exterior w/ Rock Gray Interior?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 11:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Graphite Gray Exterior w/ Rock Gray Interior?

I have a 2018 Prestige on order with this configuration...and I'm having second thoughts on this combo - specifically that the Graphite gray is too brown and will clash with the interior.... Anybody have some pics of theirs?
Old 09-24-2017, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ModeDeVie
I have a 2018 Prestige on order with this configuration...and I'm having second thoughts on this combo - specifically that the Graphite gray is too brown and will clash with the interior.... Anybody have some pics of theirs?
There you go....

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...k-you-2914656/
Old 09-24-2017, 08:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

What do you think after seeing pictures. I was thinking about exact combination but after seeing the pictures, I get sort of van-pick up truck-old toyota interior vibe from it. Maybe it's just something I personally associate, and may not have same effect on you. I would still go to dealer and check it in person, but I think I'll be going with Black if I can find one. Unless they look better in person. The pictures in the other thread make them look way too slick.
Old 09-25-2017, 04:12 AM
JT4
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

I don't think the Rock Gray will clash with the Graphite Gray, I've seen it in person and IMO it looks good.. My only concern would be the light gray carpet taking a beating.. If I would have gotten the Rock Gray I would have purchased the Weather Tech floor liners.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JT4
I don't think the Rock Gray will clash with the Graphite Gray, I've seen it in person and IMO it looks good.. My only concern would be the light gray carpet taking a beating.. If I would have gotten the Rock Gray I would have purchased the Weather Tech floor liners.
On mine, I ordered the rubber trunk mat but that was changed by the factory to a complete set so I'm using the rubber floor mats now in the front.

I like my light interior. Would I opt for it with pets and children? Probably not. A black interior on a vehicle lacking remote start was simply no option for me here in Florida.

The gray exterior does not clash with the interior at all.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Only reason to rethink would be if you have young kids or pets o are clumsy like myself. I have rock gray in my current car & it's been a nightmare. I've even gotten ink pen on my drivers seat after I goofed up and sat on an ink pen. Kick marks on backs of seats, kids cup holders stained. Never again. If you have no young kids/pets you will be fine! This time I opted for Nougat brown.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AudigirlQ7
Only reason to rethink would be if you have young kids or pets o are clumsy like myself. I have rock gray in my current car & it's been a nightmare. I've even gotten ink pen on my drivers seat after I goofed up and sat on an ink pen. Kick marks on backs of seats, kids cup holders stained. Never again. If you have no young kids/pets you will be fine! This time I opted for Nougat brown.
Rock grey is the worst to keep clean. Even the wrinkles in the leather start to show dirt. Our MB has grey interior which was beautiful when we bought it, and its been hard to keep clean with (then) young kids.
Old 09-25-2017, 11:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
What do you think after seeing pictures. I was thinking about exact combination but after seeing the pictures, I get sort of van-pick up truck-old toyota interior vibe from it. Maybe it's just something I personally associate, and may not have same effect on you. I would still go to dealer and check it in person, but I think I'll be going with Black if I can find one. Unless they look better in person. The pictures in the other thread make them look way too slick.
You hit the nail on the head. I had a 2.0 loaner with gray interior and the first thing that came to mind was a toyota / last gen dodge durango vibe. Granted I am spoiled with a rich cedar brown / luxury package interior. I did like the airy feel the gray gave the cabin. If you got gray w the luxury package to help dress it up a bit, might be okay.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by hayde_bre

Well, I don't love it. My preference is the black interior, but my wife will drive this one and she prefers the gray - says her black Infiniti leather is too hot in the summer.
Old 09-27-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by AudigirlQ7

Ugh. We do have young kids (youngest is 10), and we live in the Great Plains, so we'll have the dirty winter grime to deal with.

Quick Reply: Graphite Gray Exterior w/ Rock Gray Interior?