Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Top View Camera Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Top View Camera Issue

There have been numerous references to this issue scattered throughout numerous threads in the Q7, A4, & Q5 forums but those of you experiencing the problem might find some useful info in this thread from the Q7 MK II forum.
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...cking-2933305/
Old 09-28-2017, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read about this earlier today. I didn't know you could shut the car off in reverse and it'll automatically put itself into park.
Old 09-28-2017, 10:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I read about this earlier today. I didn't know you could shut the car off in reverse and it'll automatically put itself into park.
You can shut it off in any gear and it will turn into Park. I almost never use the (awkward) P button. Just shut the car down.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BFN949
You can shut it off in any gear and it will turn into Park. I almost never use the (awkward) P button. Just shut the car down.
For the purposes of having the top-view camera remain on camera and not switch back to graphic mode, you have to make sure the last time the "top view" on the right-third is on the screen before shutting the car off, it was in camera mode. This is done by putting the car into reverse.

When parking distance control is active and the forward view is displayed, the car will show a graphic view. If that's the last view shown before the MMI goes to sleep, apparently that's when the setting is overwritten.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I use it all of the time along with the parking brake. It's nice how you can put the car in gear with the parking brake engaged, then touch the gas and it'll disable itself. I use that quite often
Old 09-30-2017, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

^ Yes. And to expand on that... it's pretty cool when you shut it off with the selector lever in the Tiptronic mode (M mode) position. In this situation when you hit the Engine OFF button the selector lever automatically moves, from right to left, from the Tiptronic mode position to its "home" position and goes into Park (P). This YouTube clip shows it happening, specifically around the 2:50 point in the video:

Old 10-05-2017, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just to confirm with everyone I have verified if you shut the Q5 off while in Reverse; when you turn the Q5 back on the top view is on camera mode and does not default back to graphic. It will have to do until auto comes out with a software fix.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bmiletta
Just to confirm with everyone I have verified if you shut the Q5 off while in Reverse; when you turn the Q5 back on the top view is on camera mode and does not default back to graphic. It will have to do until auto comes out with a software fix.
It does every so often for me. I'm used to changing back to graphic constantly. Hopefully Audi will post a fix soon
Old 10-26-2017, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bmiletta
I've been careful to make sure the camera mode is the last mode displayed when putting the car into Reverse and then turn off the car. This works for me about 75% of the time. This is not a 100% work around for me.
Old 10-27-2017, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very useful thread. It was not until I opened a new thread on this issue did I realize that this is such a widespread problem.
Anyway, will try the workaround today.
Just to be clear, I can turn off the car when the gear is in R mode. But I still need to engage the parking brake manually, right?

Quick Reply: Top View Camera Issue