Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

2018 Q7 VCDS\ODBEleven

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2018 Q7 VCDS\ODBEleven

Picking up my 2018 Q7 3.0T Prestige in the morning. I'm coming from a 2010 VW Touareg TDI. Used the buyback money to upgrade.

I've been lurking and reading up on changes I want to make as soon as get her home. I have a HEX-USB+CAN Vag Com cable that I have used for my previous VW cars(2001 Passat, 2008 Beetle, 2010 Touareg). I've also purchased an ODBEleven(because a lot of what I'm finding says my Vag Com cable is not completely compatible).

I plan to use this thread to track my changes for the MY 2018. I've found a lot of information on changes but a lot of it refers to MY 2017. Hopefully i can help out those planning to modify their MY 2018.

I have read in a few posts that the Vag Com cable is physically unable to support all functions because of limitations within the cable itself. Is this true?
Ross-Tech has an upgrade program for my cable, but their newer device, the HEX-NET does not currently support all functions. It should be able to with future updates. Is this true?

I have read that the ODBEleven while not currently able to support all functions, it can be upgraded and therefore should be able to the in future. Is this ture?
Old 10-13-2017, 12:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

I have working so far.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Disable Seat Belt Chime
1. Instruments 17
2. Adaption
3. Deactivate seat belt warning
4. Change Deactivate seat belt from NO to YES
Needle Sweep In Virtual Cockpit
1. Instruments 17
2. Coding
3. Long coding
4. Byte 1
5. Bit 0 activate/check
Increased the freeway turn signal from 3 to 5 flashes:
1. Instruments 46
2. Adaptation
3. Turn Signal Control: Freeway flashing cycles
4. Changed from 3 to 5
Increased the speed at which parking assist turns off:
1. Instruments 09
2. Adaptation
3. Switch off speed for park assist
4. Changed from 5 to 20
Gear Display in VC:
1. Instruments 02
2. Adaptation
3. Auto Gear Selection > Single Gear Display
4. Changed from D off / S off to D on / S on
Adjusting passage seat from driver seat
1. Instruments 06
2. Coding
3. Long coding
4. Passenger_seat_adjustment_by_driver_seat
5. Changed from not active to active
6. Instruments 36
7. Coding
8. Long coding
9. Passenger_seat_adjustment_by_driver_seat
10. Changed from not active to active
Old 10-13-2017, 12:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for posting this. What did you end up using to code above? ODBEeleven? I coded my X5 3 years ago. I have not looked into Audi Q7 coding yet. What do you need to get started?
Old 10-13-2017, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by hk007
Thanks for posting this. What did you end up using to code above? ODBEeleven? I coded my X5 3 years ago. I have not looked into Audi Q7 coding yet. What do you need to get started?
Yes I used the ODBEleven and my cell phone... Have a few more changes to make but researching before I try... Need to disable the auto stop/start, add VIM, and eventually add the dynamic turn signals...
Old 10-13-2017, 11:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting this. I'd love it if you keep updating the 1st/2nd post with all the new codes you find. I know it's been here and there on this forum, but the threads are long- maybe we can get a stickied post of all the codes? (Or maybe I missed it somewhere)

Also, I wonder if there's a way to add more interior LED colors for the Q7 - I can only pick white, blue or red, but I know the Q5 has a whole rainbow to choose from. I'm hoping there's a code to change that.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DuckQ7
Thanks for posting this. I'd love it if you keep updating the 1st/2nd post with all the new codes you find. I know it's been here and there on this forum, but the threads are long- maybe we can get a stickied post of all the codes? (Or maybe I missed it somewhere)

Also, I wonder if there's a way to add more interior LED colors for the Q7 - I can only pick white, blue or red, but I know the Q5 has a whole rainbow to choose from. I'm hoping there's a code to change that.
I believe I read that if you don't have the ability to change colors, the hardware is not there for it. There are things called RGB LED's that can make all the colors by adjusting brightness of each color. The non-prestige Q7's supposedly don't have these and just a red, white and blue LED behind the scenes.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Premium and P+ models only have those three color options.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Don't need a code for the Prestige Model... Under the interior lighting options you have Red\White\Blue\Individual... I believe under the Individual you can adjust to any color you want...
Old 10-14-2017, 08:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VanDamme
Don't need a code for the Prestige Model... Under the interior lighting options you have Red\White\Blue\Individual... I believe under the Individual you can adjust to any color you want...
hmmm...I see individual, but don't see how to pick another color. I'll try posting around with it
Old 10-14-2017, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

hmmm...I see individual, but don't see how to pick another color. I'll try posting around with it
With Individual selected, click the right drawer button or push the control **** to the right.

Quick Reply: 2018 Q7 VCDS\ODBEleven